Clara's Nutcracker

(It was Christmas time at the Heasley household, and Clara and her sisters were preparing for Christmas)

Clara: (Sees Donna) Hey, Donna! Ready to celebrate Christmas?

Donna: No way... (Lays down)

Carla: Oh come on, Donna. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.

Donna: I just find it all a little silly. It's mostly a day dedicated to presents and candy, isn't it?

Carla: And why would you deny yourself presents and candy? That's crazy talk!

Wendy: I think what Carla means to say is Christmas is about more than presents and candy. It's a time to spend with friends and family when we celebrate a very important day in history.

Donna: I think to most people, it's just an excuse for silly songs and fun, not a day to remember some old story.

Clara: I know! Maybe a Christmas story can light up your mood! My favorite holiday story, "The Nutcracker"!

Carla: Oh, I love that one!

(Clara picks up the book and starts reading it)

Clara: (Clears her throat) It was December 24th Christmas Eve...

(In the story, Clara who takes the role of Marie Stahlbaum was looking at the living room)

Clara: (Narrating) ...Young Marie has been waiting all year for this moment.

Clara: Wow, it's so beautiful!

(Twistar who takes the role of Drosselmeyer opens the door)

Twistar: Oh, yeah. Christmas is here!

(Clara and her sister come in the living room)

Clara: (Narrating) Everything shone in glitter in the loveliest manner. Who oh who could describe them all?

Carla: Wow, check it out!

Clara: (Narrating) This year godfather Drosselmeyer has made a special gift for Marie.

Twistar: Now, little one, this one took me all year to build. It is a beautiful nutcracker doll! (Gives her the nutcracker that resembles Jake) Here you go.

Clara: (Takes the nutcracker) Oh, he's so handsome.

Twistar: What can I say? I put my blood, sweat and tears onto that doll.... (To the audience) And probably other body fluids...

(Clara takes the nutcracker and dances with it to the overture of "The nutcracker" as her sisters watch)

Clara: Oh, I just love it! Thank you godpoppa Drosselmeyer.

Twistar: (Smiles)

Wendy: (Takes the nutcracker) Wait, if he's a nutcracker maybe he can break a nut or two. (She tries to use the nutcracker to break a nut, but the nut was too hard which results in the nutcrackers breaking its jaw)

Clara: (Gasps and takes the nutcracker away from Wendy) Stop, you're breaking him! (Leaves)

Wendy: I just wanted to see if it works...

Twistar: Let's give your sister some space.

(All three leave the room. In reality)

Donna: What's so special about him? He's just a dumb old doll. This story's boring...

Wendy: Come on, have patience. The interesting part will come soon if we continue the story. (Sips her hot cocoa)

Donna: Proceed.