>• 9 •<

It had been a week after Kazuha went to the Sumeru Akademiya.You had missed him desperately so yet that won't change anything.You watched as the clock slowly ticks.You just can't wait for the class to end so you can finally go back home and perhaps have a video call with him.

But it seems strange..He stopped texting you two days ago.Did he...forgot about you?No No surely you're just overthinking,right?But what if-

ringggggg

Oh,seems like class has finally ended.You packed your things and rush to your dorm,not bothering Yoimiya(which was about to ask you out to dinner) calling out your name.

You went home and immediately turn on your computer, hoping for something yet there was nothing.No notifications.No red dots.No new messages.

Your life had been awfully quiet since he left."Should you be the first to call?Is that what he wants?"You ask yourself.The contact of his number   hovering above just for you to hit the call button.Hesitantly,you pressed the button.It took a few seconds but when you were about to give up it was finally picked up.

"𝘖𝘩,𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 (𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦)!𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘩...𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘺 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳?𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮—"

"Don't!— not yet,please..I really need to talk to you,Kazuha."

A tired sigh followed through the other end of the line.

"(𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦)...𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵?𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱...𝘐'𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢—"

"Is your reputation really that more important than me..?"

You hadn't realized sooner what you just said.A bitter silence crept as your words trail over your lips.You just had to go and ruin everything didn't you?What a pitiful soul...hadn't you notice how all this time you always had to be the first one to make a move.Did you never ask yourself?

"𝓘𝓯 𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰...𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸 𝓼𝓸?𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓸 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰?𝓓𝓲𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮...

𝓓𝓲𝓭 𝓘 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓲𝓶?"

You swallowed the nervousness in your throat.The words you just said replaying like a broken record inside your thoughts.You tried to call out to him

"Kazuha,I— Listen..I didn't meant any of that- Please...I'm sorry!I swear I'll never bo—"

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩,(𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦).𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵..𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶...𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘶𝘴.𝘐 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶,𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦...𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳.𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴...𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶,(𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦).𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦.𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦.."

"WAIT KAZUHA NO—!"

beep beep beep

Just like that,the call was cut off.Someone...better?You didn't want someone better...you wanted him.Can't you just fix all this?Why did the both of you have to part ways?Is there truly that "someone better"!?

You feel your heart shatter to pieces while your eyes are flooded by sorrowful tears.You wanted to scream.You wanted for the world to collapse and suffer with you.What did you do to deserve all this?

They say that heartbreak hurts.You never knew it would hurt this much.Is this truly the end for the both of you?Your head spins just on the thought of the things you've done with him.Could you ever be happy again just like how you were when you were with him?

"ugh..fck the universe."

thud!

𝙾𝚑 𝚗𝚘! 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘!?