𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4: 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Opal reaches out her hands to assist Raven and Ronan while dismounting the chariot, and then gives them both a reassuring pat on the back

Opal reaches out her hands to assist Raven and Ronan while dismounting the chariot, and then gives them both a reassuring pat on the back. "You did excellent, you'll have sponsors lined up on the block," she says, though not as enthusiastically as Oakley would have. "Let's head to the tribute center." Opal and her tributes, along with the other mentors and their partners were heading to the numerous elevators that led upstairs to the fancy living quarters for the tributes. Some of the mentors are getting separated from their tributes because of the rush, and one of those mentors is Finnick Odair.

        "Hello you lot," he greets, holding the elevator door open so he can get in. Raven is still upset with his cheeky words, thinking they are only meant to distract her. "Hello Opal. Raven," he greets as well. Ronan shrinks a little in the corner, feeling forgotten, to which Raven responds by squeezing his hand once again, letting him know she sees him. Finnick sees this and his face drops.

        How stupid could they be to get together before the games? He thinks, but he chooses not to comment. He hopes for both their sakes, it doesn't turn into anything serious before the games, where one of them is bound to die. The elevator dings at the 4th floor, and Finnick waves to all of them playfully and exiting. Opal's eyes are squinted in suspicion, as she quickly glances between Raven and Finnick. "I'll meet you all in a minute. Get off on the 6th floor," she informs. Finnick stands with his hands behind his back as the twenty-three year old follows him out, with a deadly look in her eyes. Finnick gulps, feeling intimidated because of Opal's nature. The two are at eye level in height, which doesn't help his nervousness. Opal leans in and tries to read his face. "I have no idea what you're up to Odair. Why do you keep approaching my tributes and giving them advice? Especially Raven? Do you think she's helpless or something?"

        Finnick shakes his head, slightly offended that his role model is thinking he has ill intentions. "Not at all. She just reminds me a lot of when I was a tribute. It'd suck to see someone so young deal with the aftermath of the games."

        Opal understands where Finnick is coming from, but still doesn't appreciate how much he's upsetting and distracting her. "How does she remind you of yourself?" She is genuinely curious, as she doesn't know Finnick that well. "You're still a kid yourself, you realize?"

        Finnick's shoulders relax, realizing Opal is no longer coming from a place of accusation. "She's putting on a facade and charming the Capitol. Some people are looking at her in such a disgusting way. Don't act shocked, you know it's true," he says, no longer sounding as charming. "If I can't protect myself from the greedy eyes of the Capitol, why not help someone else out?" Opal holds back a laugh but nods in approval.

        "Look, I know you mean well. Ok? But I can't have you distracting Raven. Please try to stay away," she softly requests. Finnick gives a weak smile in understanding, before bidding her a good evening.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

Opal sees that Raven's plate is empty and immediately adds another serving of food into it, just like a mother who is coddling their child. Raven secretly enjoys the motherly gesture, but only shows her appreciation with a nod of her head. "You two keep eating, and we'll take a look at the reaping and scope out the competition, understand?" Raven and Ronan but nod and then look at the TV, where the reapings are playing. "I'll be playing the career districts and then we can worry about the rest."