𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 18: 𝐹𝒾𝓍 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓂 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒞𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹

If there is one thing Raven can't deal with: It's the death of another member of her family. She knows now that Opal was completely justified in yelling at her. In fact, she probably should've slapped her to prove her point. She is holding on to her chest, attempting to make her breathing even, as the thought of her brother's blood around the house when she enters will forever haunt her dreams and weigh down on her conscience.  

      The train screeches to a stop, and Raven quickly descends down the train, wanting to make it to her house: As if she can outrun the Capitol. Opal yells out for her to stop, not wanting her to see what she had to. But Raven either doesn't hear her or ignores her, running to Victor's Village. 

      She bangs the door loudly, waiting for Robin to come and open it, and greet her with a hug. When there is no response after a moment, she fishes the keys out of her pocket and opens the door, rushing inside. "Robin?" She calls out in a panic. "Where are you?" Raven frantically looks around the house. He isn't in the living room, the kitchen, or any of the bedrooms or bathroom downstairs. He isn't in the living space upstairs, nor is he in the other bedrooms; including his own. 

        "If this is some joke, I'm going to kill you," she screams in genuine anger. Raven halts to a stop to the one room she hasn't yet observed: Her own. She closes her eyes and inhales a weak, shuddery breath. "Please, god." Raven whimpers to herself, as her hand goes to the doorknob. The door creaks as she opens the door, and she gasps when she sees the last thing she expected: President Snow sitting at her desk, two peacekeepers on either side of him and a white rose in his hands. 

        He looks up, putting on an eerie smile. "Come on in, dear." 

        Raven steps in hesitantly, looking to his side and stumbling back, hyperventilating while watching Robin bloodied and beaten next to him. "You-" She steps forward, before being pushed back by one of the peacekeeper's guns. 

        Snow stands up, walking up to Raven. Her lip is quivering as he tucks the rose behind one of her ears. "I really do hope this experience teaches you something," he says, taking a few steps back. "A problem has arisen because of your... clever words," he finishes after careful thought. "But I figured why punish such a young girl who doesn't know the complexities of our world just yet?" 

        "Let him go," she pleads, looking at her unconscious brother. "I'll do a-" She pauses, knowing not to say words Snow may take literally. "Please, let him go." 

        Snow sighs, looking back at Raven with an odd glint in his eyes. "Don't worry, I will. But you'll need to do something to make up for your little stunt in District 4." He pulls up a hologram, seeing riots in District 4. "People in District 4, one of our most loyal districts, are upset about the death of their tributes after your speech. You're going to help me fix the problem you created, in return for your brother."  Raven gulps, nodding. "There are two people- a man and a woman." He pulls up a hologram of their faces. "You will be heading to District 4 to rid the district of these... radicals." 

        Raven shakes her head, on the verge of tears. "That won't change anything. The people of the district will continue expressing their woes," she argues. 

        Snow chuckles. "Your job isn't to ask questions. Unless that is-" A peacekeeper goes up to Robin, holding him by his collar, preparing to hit his ribs. 

        "STOP!" She desperately yells out, holding out a hand. She falls onto her knees, holding back tears. "I'll do it," she says. She looks up at him, fury lacing her gaze. 

        Snow smiles approvingly.  

        "You'll know the details soon," he informs. "Let him go," he instructs the peacekeepers, leaving the room with them.  

        Raven rushes over to her unconscious brother, cradling his head in her lap. "I'm sorry," she finally breaks, weeping. She brings her hand to behind her ear, taking out the rose. She screeches in anger, crunching it in her hand, and throwing it at a window, regretting everything she has done since the reaping of her games.