𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 31: 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓁𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹

The party ends shortly after that. Everyone senses Finnick's pain, sadness, sorrow, and perhaps the scariest of all- anger. 

       Finnick rarely gets angry. He mostly drags himself down in pain and overwhelms himself with his self destructive thoughts. But for the first time, he feels pure anger laced with nothing but rage. Mags can't even get him to calm down. 

       The entire room is empty. The moon shines in from an open window, as Finnick pulls at his hair, seething at how stupid he is. At how he allowed himself to like someone who was capable of doing such a thing.  He hates how a small part of him wants to forgive Raven.  

        The forks and knives are the first thing to go one the floor. Followed by the food. And the tablecloth. And then the cake, smashed against the wall as he screams all the air out of his lungs until there is no breath left. His chest heaves up and down as he imagines all the ways he can put Raven in her own personal hell. All the ways he can make her hurt. When his eyes catch onto the drink they were sharing together, that to smashes onto the floor into millions of pieces. Many hit his chest and hands, and finally, he breaks. 

        On his knees, he sobs like a baby. Staring at his bleeding hands and chest, watching the pain his friend has caused him. He has never been so conflicted. He should just tell the other victors,  which will isolate anyone. He should utter words so nasty, Raven will never dare leave her house. 

       Yet- he also feels as if he should go to her house, and console her for the situation she's been forced in. He should understand, as a victor, the things one does for family.  

       It doesn't matter. He'll just sit there, pathetically, crying his eyes dry, not even being able to muster the energy to go the sea- and drown. 

AN: 

Sorry for the wait! It's short because it's mostly meant to show the aftermath from Finnick's POV. The next chapter will be longer, promise! 

What do you guys think? Honest thoughts please! 

Once my finals are over there'll be more updates hehe