𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 11: 𝑀𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃

Misty is in a fit of rage when she sees Poseidon's face on the hologram. He surely didn't die of natural causes, meaning someone out there killed him: And the only ones left out there are Ronan and Raven. All the other careers are setting up camp, barely paying attention to the death of their partner.

        Seven of us left. She thinks to herself. Five of us are in an alliance, Raven would never enter one. Someone is going to turn on us tonight.

        Yet, none of the career members seem to be worried about their deaths in the middle of the night. In fact, they all seem just as lively as ever. "Two more district 6 runts and I'll be going home," Sapphire boasts. Everyone knows better than to argue with her, and decide they want night of peace instead. "None of us need to keep watch, I'm sure."

        Everyone settles in the sleeping bags they snagged from the cornucopia and doze off. Misty is the only conscious soul right at that moment. The schools in District 4 never taught her how to deal with the grief of her dead friend, or how empty she would feel after taking the life of an innocent child. She is an empty shell of who she was before the games, and knows no amount of repenting will allow her to become a pure person once again. So what's the point?

        Misty hesitantly looks at her career pack, who she has been thinking all this time are her friends. But they aren't. How can they be? They'll kill each other in the end anyways. She stealthily tiptoes over to Sapphire's backpack and takes out one of the knives in it. If she uses her trident, it would be a slower, more painful death. She goes over to Bradley first and holds up his head, gently placing it on her lap. She takes a deep breath and cuts his carotid artery. His eyes immediately open up in panic, and he's about to scream to warn the rest, but she covers her mouth, resisting his kicks. It's only a few moments later when his struggle stops. She isn't sure how, but his heart is still beating. She has to move quickly if she doesn't want to rest to wake up from the commotion. She moves on to Clay and Wisteria, doing the same and muffling their voices.

        Just as she is about to do the same to Sapphire, her eyes bounce open and wrestle Misty to the ground. The three cannons go off in an array as all three of them leave the world. Sapphire and Misty are grumbling and shrieking in pain as they both try to kill the other. "I knew you'd play sneaky you little-" Before she can finish her sentence, Misty knees her stomach the moment she is able to wiggle into a tiny opening between her body and Sapphire's.

        Sapphire groans, but recovers quickly. Misty reaches for her trident and holds it up defensively. "I'm giving you the opportunity to leave. Maybe we won't have to face each other in the finale," Misty says, knowing this fight will take out a lot from her, as they are both equal in skill level.

        She begins cackling and holds her knees with her hands, as if it's the funniest joke ever. "This is the finale!" She exclaims. "There are four of us left, there will be no more peace." She points her knife to the direction of the ocean. "They are slowly rising the ocean to drive us all to the cornucopia. By tomorrow night, this will all be over. I'll be home a worse person than before but at least I'll be home," she tearfully chokes out, showing emotion for the first time. "I have a sister at home, she's going to volunteer when she's fifteen. Who's going to tell her that's a terrible idea? Me! I need to go home," she screams out desperately.

        Misty doesn't have any siblings at home: But she does have parents who are waiting for her. She can't let herself fall weak now. Misty's face shows a second of pity, but this is a mistake on her part as Sapphire's knife flies past her right at that moment. Misty, with her superior agility, shifts her body but it manages to hit her ribcage. Misty squeals in pain, bouncing her body back in an upright position before charging for her opponent. She uses the base of the trident first, knocking Sapphire's arms out of the way for enough time that she can knee her stomach.