𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 27: 𝑅𝑜𝒷𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝒞𝒽𝑒𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔

She isn't surprised when she sees that Eve dies the first day after eating poisonous berries growing in a patch near a river. Yet, a tiny part of her winces, knowing her kill count has gone up. She does find herself extremely anxious when the top 5 arrive.

        Internally, she prays that Jonah manages to beat the remaining, stronger and bigger career tributes. She isn't sure how her mental state will react with HER tribute dying. Suddenly, she understands why Opal turned to her cowardly methods for all these years. 

        Raven closes her eyes when Finnick's District 4 girl kills Jonah with a trident into his chest, after brutally beating him up. Finnick looks over, concerned as she rushes out of the room. 

        Surprisingly, she doesn't feel like breaking down. Everything simply felt numb. Of course her tribute dies. Karma is a bitch.  

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

Raven doesn't hear her brother's words when she defeatedly enters her home. Instead, she hears his warm welcome through a cheery strum of guitar strings and humming. The humming is gentle, yet glorious and cheery. She can hear it all the way from the entrance door and in the backyard where Robin is.  

     Raven slowly opens the sliding door, watching Robin at peace. His face is streaked with red from the sun and the energy he is exerting into the beautiful song. His fingers finish strumming the final few notes of the song, and he glances at his sister, a smile on his face. "Welcome back." He stands up, embracing her in a hug. "How are you?" She pulls back, giving him a look. "Stupid question," he realizes, hugging her once again. 

     "They died," she whispers into his chest. "It's my fault," she almost cries out. She steps out of his embrace, walking back inside in a rush. Her chest feels heavy, and her breathing quickens as she hurries up the stairs. Closing the door behind her, she immediately slides to the floor, listening to the strum of the guitar downstairs and Robin plays his cheery song once again. This time, he is joined by robins who chirp and whistle along with her brother. 

     Raven digs her nails into her skin, trying to let the pain distract her, but the walls in the room just seem to collapse on her and the blood on her hands from her nails are the chains bounding her to the floor. What if one day, Robin's cheery song is replaced with the shrill sound of when a robin is shot because of her treason to the Capitol? What if she wasn't discreet enough? 

      She doesn't dare say anything to herself, knowing there must be something in her room, listening to every movement, sound, and breath. 

      She isn't sure how much longer she can stay sane for when the next mission arrives for her. What is she supposed to do- let them go? Kill them? Should she just kill herself? 

       The song stops, causing Raven to jump onto her feet and rush out the door. "Robin?!" She cries out, jumping down the stairs and running onto the balcony. "Robin, are you alright?" Raven screams out. She hears a rusting behind her, turning around with her muscles tensed. They only slight relax when she sees a perfectly intact Robin. "You scared me to death!" She exclaims. 

        Robin looks at her, concern lacing his eyes. But he knows better than to ask. "I'm fine," he reassures. "I was just putting the chair and my guitar back in the shed." 

        Raven looks in the trees near the backyard, scanning for birds. "Where are all the robins?" Her head turns back to Robin, who has a confused look playing on his features. Raven moves her hands around like a maniac, trying to express her point. "T-the ones that were singing with you, where are they?" 

        "Oh, them? Some ravens came. They were trying to hunt, I guess." He heads back inside, as Raven's feet feel stuck in the middle of the backyard. 

        I'm reading too much into it. 

        She screams when she hears the caw of a raven. It's flying down with something in it's mouth. Her eyes follow the raven as it comes at her feet. Raven falls backwards, and onto the ground when she sees a shade of red in its mouth. It spits it out of its mouth, before flying off. In front of her is a dead robin with its guts outside its body. 

A lil' dramatic but i tried guys <3 

Ty for over 20k reads 🥲