I'm Not Alone?

⚠️ TW: This oneshot does bring up an abusive relationship, but it does not go into detail.  There are slight mentions of bruises and crying, but again, it does not go into detail.

Basically, Lizzie finds a young teen actor crying in the corner, and she is determined to find out why.  

As the first rays of morning light peeked through the gap between the heavy drapes, casting an ethereal glow across the set, a soft, delicate laughter echoed through the empty hallways. It was a sound that seemed to dance upon the air, teasing and taunting at the same time. The laughter grew louder, more insistent, until it became a wail, a keening that pierced the very soul. It was a sound that made the hairs on the back of Lizzie Olsen's neck stand on end. She paused mid-stride, her heart hammering against her ribcage, as she tried to locate the source of the anguish. 

Her eyes darted from side to side, scanning the dimly lit corridor, until they finally alighted on a familiar figure huddled in the corner, her shoulders shaking with sobs.

It was young Charlie Grace, the teenage actress who had been cast in the role of young Wanda Maximoff in Wandavision. She was curled up into a tight ball, her knees pulled up to her chest, her face buried in her arms. Her shoulders rose and fell with every ragged breath, each sob that tore from her throat making Lizzie's heart ache even more. For a moment, she stood there, frozen in place, unsure of how to proceed. She had never seen Charlie like this before; usually, she was such a bubbly, vivacious girl, always eager to share stories about her family or her pets.

As Lizzie hesitantly took a step closer, she couldn't help but notice the bruises and cuts that were scattered across Charlie's face and arms. They were fresh, still red and raw, and they told a story of pain and suffering that Lizzie couldn't even begin to fathom. Her heart went out to her friend, and she wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around her and make everything better. But she knew that wasn't possible. Not right now.

"Charlie," she whispered, her voice soft and gentle. "Charlie, sweetie, are you okay?" Charlie didn't respond. She didn't even seem to register that Lizzie was there. Lizzie crouched down beside her, careful not to startle her, and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, look at me. You can talk to me, you know that. Whatever it is, I'm here for you."

Charlie's shoulders shook with another wracking sob, but she didn't meet Lizzie's eyes. "It's... it's just... so much, Lizzie. I don't know how to... how to handle it all." Lizzie's heart ached for her friend. She knew that playing such a complex and emotionally charged character like Wanda Maximoff could be daunting, but this seemed different. Deeper. Unbearable.

"You can handle it, Charlie. You're stronger than you think. And we're all here to support you. You can talk to me, or to anyone on the crew. We'll help you through this." Lizzie squeezed her shoulder gently, hoping her words would penetrate the haze of pain that clouded Charlie's thoughts. But Charlie only shook her head, refusing to believe them.

Unbeknownst to Lizzie, the source of Charlie's distress was not just her character's complexities but also an abusive relationship she'd been hiding from the cast and crew. It had started a few months ago, when she'd met someone she thought she could trust. Someone who promised to love and cherish her. Instead, he had become her worst nightmare, controlling her every move, degrading her, and hurting her in the most unimaginable ways.

The bruises and cuts that Lizzie saw were not the result of her acting; they were the telltale signs of the abuse she had been suffering. Every day, she would go to work, hiding her injuries beneath layers of makeup and clothes, putting on a brave face for everyone. But the pain and fear were always there, simmering just beneath the surface, threatening to consume her.

It wasn't just physical abuse; it was emotional and psychological as well. Her abuser would manipulate her, make her feel like she deserved it, that she was worthless without him. It had gotten to the point where she didn't even recognize herself anymore. She felt trapped, like there was no escape.

Lizzie, however, had always been there for her. They had become close friends over the course of the production, bonding over their shared love of acting and their characters. Lizzie was the only one who knew about the dark secret Charlie was carrying, and she had promised to keep it safe. But seeing her friend in so much pain tore at Lizzie's heart, and she knew she couldn't stand by any longer.

The next day, as they filmed a particularly intense scene, Lizzie took Charlie aside. "Charlie, I need you to listen to me," she said, her voice firm but gentle. "What's happening to you isn't right. You deserve so much better than this." Charlie looked up at her, tears streaming down her face, and nodded. "I know," she whispered. "But I'm scared. I don't know what he'll do if I leave."

Lizzie squeezed her friend's hand reassuringly. "You don't have to face this alone," she said. "There are people who can help you. People who can keep you safe." She hesitated for a moment, searching for the right words. "I know this is a lot to ask, but... I want you to let me help you. Please."

Charlie looked at Lizzie with a mixture of gratitude and fear. "I don't know how," she whispered. "I don't even know where to start."

Lizzie nodded, understanding the overwhelming feeling. "That's okay. We'll start together. First, we need to get you to a safe place. And then, we'll figure out everything else." She squeezed her friend's hand reassuringly.

Together, they hatched a plan. They would film the remaining scenes for the day as usual, then once everyone had gone home, they would slip away and meet with a trusted member of the crew who had experience in helping victims of abuse. They would go to the hospital to get Charlie's injuries treated and documented, and then report the abuse to the police.

As they filmed the final scene of the day, a sense of determination and solidarity filled the air. Charlie felt a weight lifting off her shoulders as she began to believe that there was hope for her. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but with Lizzie by her side, she felt like she could finally start to heal.