VII

FRIDAY had come. I specially bought a   black leather long-sleeved skim dress for the occasion. It was knee length. I wore black boots to match the skim dress. It hugged my non-existent curves perfectly.

Collins had offered to pick me up for his party but I refused, giving him a lame excuse.
"I'm going" I said to Onyinye who was seated on the couch watching cartoons. We hadn't talked for days. Things had gone bad between us as she was upset with me because of what I planned to do.

"If you get into trouble, don't call on me. Call on Jesus because you will need him" she replied and I chortled.

"I mean it"

"I'm not going to get into trouble. I've changed my mind on poisoning his drink. I'm just going to have see him get beaten up by the people he has hurt and possibly have a chat with him".

That was partially true. I had some chemicals in my bag to do that. My plan was going to work out perfectly.

"Whatever. It still doesn't justify ditching your boyfriend's party. See as you resemble criminal"

"I'm not a criminal. Bye" I said leaving the house. I entered the bolt ride I ordered and we went straight to Ikoyi for the party.
~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

I paid the driver and alighted the car.
The house was marvelously beautiful. It was a mini mansion. 

"So he gave his son money to build my dream house" I wondered.

At the entrance stood two hefty men in black suits and black sunglasses. "No card no entry" one of them told me. They wore no smiles on their faces and looked like they were about to beat me up.
I gulped and pulled out the card Barrister Bayo had given me. They examined it and let me in. I stared in awe of everybody in the house. They all screamed class and wealth. From their designer suits to their designer bags and shoes. I felt out of place there.

They were very few; barely twenty people there but their presences held power. These must have been the 'odogwus' of Lagos.
My father used to be one of them, this used to be my life before he took away everything.
I breathed and walked in, looking for a corner to hide myself and execute my plan.
The house was fully furnished and decorated. Its walls were stark white and its tiles marble-made.
"This man must have used all of Lagosians tax money to build this" I thought. I found a little stool and sat on it.

"Hello dear" A woman said behind me. I turned to look at a middle-aged woman whom I thought was Collins.

She looked exactly like him: The eyes, the height, the nose, the lips, the face, everything looked like Collins'.

"Good evening Ma" I replied timidly. She wore a sparkling sequin green body-hugging dress. Her long hair was perfectly packed with some bangs falling to her face. Her expensive makeup ridiculed my cheap eyeliner and old pink lipstick.

There was no way she was related to Collins. My mind was probably playing tricks on me because I ditched Collins party and blocked his number for today.

"Umm I just wanted to tell you you look great today. I love your outfit" she said.
This rubbish I'm wearing?

"Oh! Thank you. You look nice as well" I replied.
"I'm Amanda" She said stretching her hands for a shake. She had an American accent.

"Umm. I'm.... I'm Lisa" I replied.

"Why am I always lying about my name?" I asked myself.

"Lisa... Like the Monalisa" she said smirking. She had the same classic 'Collins smirk'. Again I shrugged the thought off.