Epilogue

6 years later.........
The best six of my life. I was happier and healthier. Collins and I had gotten married two months after he proposed and we had our first daughter a year later -Michelle Kelechi Azuka. She was the carbon copy of Collins who was the best husband and father ever.
Onyinye was now married to our youth Pastor then; Pastor Kennedy.

"Bye baby" Collins said kissing her cheek and she kissed his too.
My mother bid us bye and drove to her house. Collins had performed my Dad's heart surgery. I remember crying that day when he told me that the surgery was successful. My dad and his dad had returned to being good friends and had gotten closer than we could imagine.

"I will miss that sassy little girl" I said. I had given her a million hugs and kisses before she left.
"I'm sure she'll miss us more" Collins replied kissing my cheek.
"Happy anniversary once again aje kpako" he teased and I wacked him with the nearest pillow.
"Happy anniversary to you too, aje butter"
"Let's go" he said taking my hands. We went to a Christian couples show in downtown Lagos.
~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

"You know before I met my wife, poverty sat me down and told me 'you! You will never make it'" the preacher said and the congregation burst into laughter.

"Seems he has been through a lot in life" Collins whispered and I smiled resting my head on his shoulder. This was my forever and I loved it.
"Happy wedding anniversary baby" he said taking my hands into his, "I love you now and forever"
"I love you more" I replied beaming. I was a blushing mess but I managed to return my focus to the preacher and I could see him smirk from my peripheral view.
I stomped on his feet lightly and he returned his gaze to the preacher, laughing heartliy.

***
The End
Thank you so much for reading till the end, I love you. This was a really short book❤️