Chapter Four

“But does this mean that you are close to death as well?”

 He stared at me. I could tell that he didn’t want to tell me something.

“Louis,  tell me.” I was starting to worry now. He was The One. Louis was the one that I loved. My lips started trembling and I put on a pouty face.

Louis sighed. He looked at Karolina as if to ask for her permission to tell me. She nodded, slowly.

“Bon Bon, I am dead.”

“No. No, this can’t be happening.” My body started to shake and I was starting to tear up.

 Louis came over to me and cradled me in his arms. He kept whispering Don’t cry, Honeypie. It made me feel a bit better. I was completely frozen. My boyfriend was dead. I was going to come back to life. In my mind I kept thinking, ‘It should have been you.’

“Bonnie, don’t think that.” He whispered softly in my ear.

“Oh shit, I forgot you can read my mind. Is that because you are ... dead?” He nodded, hoping that I wouldn’t be sad.

Why was this happening? Could this not just be a dream and by the end we all become human and everything is alright? He looked at me, smiling, making me feel a bit of hope.   “But, there is a bright side to this, I can see you whenever I want.”

I grabbed his and   pulled   him   closer   to    me. I burried my head into his shoulder. It was the best news I got since an hour ago. We stayed like that for a minute. I loved being in his presence, even if I was more with his spirit.

“Why don’t you two go back out to the car?” a voice said, soon after I realised it was Karolina.

We agreed and soon exited the cabin. “It was lovely to meet you again, Karolina.” I said with the biggest smile I could do, at this moment.

“The same with you, Sweetheart.”

 ~ ~ ~

 I held his hand and smiled at him. He surely was the most beautiful person ever. His small dimples showed whenever he smiled. His beautiful, shining eyes glimmered when the sun hit off them. Then his hands were big and broad, and mine were small and frail. Although, his hand fit in mine, like it was meant to be. I loved him and he loved me – that was all that mattered right now. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to physicaly touch him but I could think of him and be in his company.

“Love, we are going to the cars, where we crashed, okay? And I know you are probably going to be in shock,  but everything is going to be just fine.” He said with a reassuring smile.

What more could I ask for when I knew my boyfriend cared and loved me. It was simply one of the best things to have – somebody who cares for you. Knowing that I was loved made me feel a whole lot better than what I had been feeling earlier in my life. If I went back two years ago, it was the worst period in my life.

 It all started when I started learning how to play the guitar and take singing lessons. One girl, named Natasha, was the one to start it all. “Oh my god! You freak, you are never going to be able to play guitar. And have you heard yourself sing? Oh right I forgot your not the one who has to stand behind you in choir and listen to your squeaks.” She taunted.

I looked her in the eye and said, “You have no right to treat me that way. I am a human being, don’t treat me like that.”

It was then that the few words she said changed me, “You ugly bitch, I have as many rights as you. Nobody likes you and you should kill yourself.”

 I was brought back to the present when Louis kissed me softly. He held two of my hands and said, “Darling, I love you with all me heart. And on that subject, my heart is yours.” I hugged him and replied, “I love you even more! I will cherish your heart forever” I winked.

He looked down and frowned. “What’s up, Lou?”

“I – um... well here we are near the cars –“ I ran over to the cars, causing him to stop.

“Don’t go in there yet, Bonnie, or else you will go back to your physical body!” Louis shouted.

I backed away, quickly. “What? What will happen to you when I ... join forces with my real body?” I asked.

He sat down and brought me down we him. “Bonnie... I can’t come back. I can only visit you when you ask me too, but only for maybe 2 hours a day.”

I started to tear up.

~Louis' P.O.V~

I saw Bonnie start to tear up and I just couldn't have her be upset again. I held her tightly to me, "Shh... It's okay."

"How can it be okay! Louis, you are dead and I can't see you for more than 2 hours a day! I can't physically touch your hair or kiss you. It's just so frustrating! How will I live without you?" She screamed. 

She said that she can't live without me. Even though I was devastated because I was dead, I still was happy because I was with the one I loved.

'Oh my God.' I thought. I had finally realised that I  was dead. I was of no existence anymore. I would never breath again. And it was all my fault. If I hadn't of seen that big lorry skidding on the road, I wouldn't be dead and Bonnie wouldn't be badly hurt. I almost cost her life as well and it was all my fault. 

She started to sob into my neck. I was nuzzling into her as well. I tried to make her laugh and said, "It doesn't matter about me being dead! I will always be remembered - and people will always look up to me - as the Sass Master from Doncaster!" And smacked her ass and laughed. 

"You naughty little 'sass master'. But I thought it was swag master?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and danced a little. She started laughing and clutched her stomach. 

"But, Lou, do you have to leave today?" She asked sadly.

I looked at my watch and swore. "Bonnie, I have to leave now." 

"But I will be able to see you for 2 hours everyday when I ask?" She asked with of hope in her voice.

"Yes, sweetheart." I kissed her hand and grabbed her into a tight hug. 

We said our good-byes, our I love yous, and I left. As much as I hated to leave, I had to.