Chapter Seven

Hope you enjoy this chapter! It is a bit sad, but it will get better! :D

~Love Shania

“Oi, who are you talking to?” A high pitched voice screamed.

 It was the nurse. Her pink hair was messy and had knots in it. Her face was scrunched up and she looked mad.

“Nobody, I’m the only person in this room.” I replied, a bit scared. She was like a wrinkled, pink guinea pig with pink hair and piercings.

The nurse walked from the tall doorway and slowly made her way over to my bed. She took out her phone and started texting. I didn’t know what she was doing; she was standing next to me, her face was mad, and she was on her phone.

“Sorry, but what are you doing?” I asked, curiously.

Her eyes shot up and she looked at me as if I had just committed a crime.

“That is not your business, Ms. Harries. Please go back to whatever it was you were doing.” She yelled.

I didn’t know why she was being this rude. I continued looking at her and she started to tap her foot. I got really agitated when people tap continuously or sang the same line over and over again. I tensed my body.

“Sorry, I didn’t catch your name?” I added.

If she was going to be my nurse for however long I had to be in here, I should at least know her name.

She looked at me with disgust and replied, “Um... My name is Sheila.”

For what seemed like a split second, I thought I saw her smile. When she had first come into me, she seemed like a lovely person. But every sentence she said, just got bitterer.

I smiled and said, “Thanks,” I looked at her phone and an idea popped into my head, “Sheila, I was just wondering could you contact my Mum and ask her to collect her daughter please?”

She sighed heavily.

I sat there waiting. She didn’t say anything until after a minute.

“Fine, what’s her number and I will ring her.”

I gave her my mother’s number and she started dialling. When she didn’t pick up, Sheila started to scowl.  

“She isn’t picking up. Why?” Sheila demanded.

I fiddled with my fingers. She kept on staring at me and noticed how upset I was. I think it was then, that she realised that Louis was actually dead and I needed somebody to collect me.

“Was he your boyfriend?” She asked suddenly.

I looked up at her. Her eyes softened and she looked... kind.

I nodded slowly.

“It all happened so fast...” I said, “Why couldn’t it have been me?”

I could see that she was trying to resist rolling her eyes. She had heard that a lot by now. She soon came closer to my bed and sat now. “Do you want me to try again?”

“Please.” Was all I could manage to say by now.

 She dialled the number again and I was overjoyed when my Mum picked up.

“Hello?”  My Mum said.

“Hi, Mrs. Harries?” Sheila replied.

I knew what my Mum would say next.

“Actually, it’s Miss. What do you need?”

Sheila rolled her eyes and groaned.

She soon replied, “Sorry, Miss Harries. Your daughter has been in a car crash and would like you to collect her. She is now in the hospital.”