Chapter Ten

Guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Boobear is back! Read, Share and Enjoy :)

~Love Shania

 I opened my eyes slightly, squinting at the bright sun shining through my windows. I heard the sound of children screaming and laughing. What time was it? I picked up my new phone and checked the time. I sat up from my bed quickly and swore. It was 9:40 and I was over an hour late for school. I didn’t even realise that it was a Monday until I checked what time it was. I would usually be up very early for school to walk my dog, have a shower and eat breakfast but this time I had slept in.

 I quickly scavenged for some appropriate clothes. Most of them were my winter clothes and they would be way too warm to wear when I’m staying inside for 7 hours. I threw on a blue sweater and a pair of black jeggings.  I quickly put on some mascara and eyeliner. I ran into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. Afterwards, I rushed downstairs.

“Mum, I’m late for school. I won’t have breakfast” I shouted to my Mum, while putting my bag on my back.

I heard no answer and I was a bit worried. My Mum would usually be up at 7:00 and would always wake me up. Where was she?

 I ran upstairs and knocked on her door.

No answer.

I started to open the door slowly and said, “Mum? Are you there?”

I continued to walk in and saw my Mum sprawled across the bed with all her make-up still on her. I ran over to her and my face was spread with confusion.

“Mum, what the hell? You never sleep in, especially not on school days!” I shouted while shaking her in an attempt to waken her up a bit more.

She rubbed her eyes, causing more mascara to fall beneath her eyes, and yawned.

“What are you talking about? It’s a bank holiday.” She mumbled under her breath.

I felt stupid for thinking that it was a normal school day. I had rushed around for ages for nothing.

She smelled like alcohol.

“Have you been drinking again?” I squeaked, angrily.

 My Mum had had a drinking problem eight years ago, after my Dad had passed, and every night she would come home drunk. I was only eight at the time and had nobody to look after me while she was gone. Only sometimes I would have a babysitter to take care of me. I had to try and make dinners but I didn’t know how to work the oven so I just made noodles all the time. After a few months after this, my Mum soon realised how her drinking was affecting me. She soon stopped drinking and she was spending a lot more time with me. She apologised for ages and I always accepted it.

 My Mum looked at me and nodded. “It was only one night with the girls. I – I will be just fine.” She stuttered quietly.

“Mum, you are not going to be fine! Stop drinking, the doctor says if you start again you won’t stop!” I shouted very loudly.

She was starting to get on my nerves now and I didn’t want to have a fight with her when she had a hangover, she would keep at me if I did.

“Jenson, just calm down.” She cooed softly.

I looked at her in horror. She called me my Dad’s name. I couldn’t handle this anymore. I ran out the door and went into my room.

I sat on my bed for a moment and thought. Maybe I was too hard on her? Wait, I didn’t even say anything bad at all.

 I grabbed a piece of paper from my drawer and wrote: Mum, I’m sorry for this morning. I’m going out x

I placed it on the carpet outside of her bedroom door and quietly walked away. I grabbed my pink, Hollister coat and walked out my house. I didn’t exactly know where I was going but I definitely knew I was seeing Louis today.