Chapter 29 - An Alluring Figure

Thank you all so much for 6k reads! I love each and every one of you, enjoy!

Headlights washed the grass covered ground white and were nearly blinding to the rest of us. The tires of their fancy vehicles squeaked against the slightly hilly and dewy terrain. Their cars shined in the moonlight, the beautiful exteriors painted pristinely, not a scratch to be seen. "Socs..." Dallas mumbled as he watched the vehicles approach us, his back straight, his arms crossed, and his face stern with confidence.

"Can I fight?" I leaned over to whisper in his ear, standing on the tips of my toes to reach his height. He looked over to me while cocking an eyebrow, a smirk on his face reaching from cheek to cheek. "I'd like to see that." He stated quietly and sarcastically, a glint in his eyes hinting that he'd more like to see me try and fail than actually fight well and succeed. His expectations of me were clearly not very high.

I merely rolled my eyes at him before returning to my original position, looking forward with pride as the socs exited their vehicles. As they all galavanted over I felt that same familiar rush of adrenaline coarsing through my veins, the anticipation of the whole situation only intensifying because of it. They all stood high and boastful, clearly wanting to show off their outfits as they formed a line stretching from one end of ours to the next. I rolled my eyes at their pride and stood with crossed arms.

"Who do we have here?" One of them who stood in front of me spoke up, towering over me and casting a shadow on me as he stood in the light of a nearby street lamp. I looked him up and down, his blue madras bright and vibrant in the night. I giggled at his presence, amused by his sudden interest in me. "You're a pretty one." He smirked as he grew slightly closer to me. I couldn't see him very well in the night but I smirked back at him, a bit drawn into his voice.

I only stood in silence for that moment, staring at the boy in front of me. I was usually allured by boys of his type, straightforward, prideful. It was unavoidable for me really. Though, I knew Dallas stood close next to me, and for some unapparent reason I felt the need to make him jealous. Not that I would succeed in doing so, but I still felt a burning desire to.

"Leave her alone." Dallas leaned over, inching closer to my side. I only rolled my eyes as I glared to him. He merely looked to me with confusion, his eyebrows practically fusing together with a look of anger. I was happy with his reaction to say the least, the glint of bitterness in his now squinted dark eyes, the hint of hatred in his voice, and his arms crossed with dissatisfaction.

After a moment of looking to Dallas with satisfaction and a slightly fake expression of anger, I backhanded him and proceeded to look to the tall boy in front of me. "Y/n Lee." I offered him my hand to shake, him quickly accepting the handshake with cockiness. "William Buckley, but you can call me Will pretty lady." He finished the hand shake with a small laugh and a look of contentment, his eyes glued to mine. I giggled as I stared to the blonde boy, seeing Dallas look him up and down with a burning view of disgust out of the corner of my eyes.

"Well, it's nice meeting you Will." I smiled, bringing my hands behind me and clasping them together tightly as I slightly leaned forward. "Nice meeting you too, beautiful." He winked. "A bit cheesy." I thought, brushing it off quickly with a grin, an enticing one at that. Suddenly, with a scoff and an irritated attitude, Dallas took hold of my arm, pulling out of the line of greasers and to the side. "I'll talk to later I guess!" Will yelled as Dallas let go of my arm.

"What the hell Dallas!?" I put my hand to my arm, feeling the area where Dallas had grabbed me tightly. "Shhhhh." He moved closer, looking to the staring crowd of socs and greasers then back to me. "God..." I trailed off as I looked to him, my arms crossed over my chest.

"What are you doing?" He got in my face, whispering with a hint of madness. "Uhh... talking?" I shook my head, aggravated with his acts, yet glad because of his reaction. He merely rolled his eyes, quickly trailing his view to Will, who stared with confusion at him. Dallas huffed, turning his attention back to me.

"He's a soc. I told you to stay away from them. Trust me when I say that they're all assholes." He gripped my shoulders tightly, still only inches away from my face. "And your better?" I stated bluntly, trying to pull away from his grip but not succeeding. He sighed, gathering his seemingly growing anger before speaking, "Just... believe me." I stood still, staring into the mysterious abyss that was his dark eyes, hatred encapsulating my mind, yet love at the same time.

"Why should you care?" I shrugged, shifting my stance angrily. "Why should you care what I do with my life? Whether I screw it up or not?" I was genuinely curious, slightly hopeful as well. Hopeful that he cared. Yet even if he did, he probably only did for his own selfish reasons. "I-" He was cut off by a sudden wave of yelling coming from behind us. The rumble had started. I looked over his shoulder to see all the boys, socs and greasers, throwing punches and kicks at each other. I gave out a small smile, that same frequent rush of adrenaline washing over me.

"We'll talk later, okay?" Dallas let go of me, rushing towards the fight before I could even take a quick breath. I rolled my eyes, watching as he joined the fight before heading to the tree that sat tall in the center of the lot, intending to watch and smoke.