Chapter 31 - Blue-Eyed Boy

Thanks for 11k reads!! Love you all, enjoy!

"Hey beautiful." William walked up to me as I stood beneath the swaying tree, gazing at my bloody fists with pride. "Oh, hey." I looked to him with a smile, bringing my hands down to my sides and letting my fingers graze the seams of my denim skirt.

"What happened to your hands?" He asked as he reached for my right hand, swiftly grabbing it from my waist and gripping it pretty tightly as to not let me try and escape his grasp, not that I intended too anyway. I smiled a little at his sudden touch, a tickling sensation bubbling up in my stomach at the feel of his hands.

"Oh, right. I may or may not have joined the fight last minute." I smirked pridefully as I looked to my knuckles and then back to his striking, ocean blue eyes. "That's very attractive ya know." He spoke confidently as his lips turned upward with arrogance. "Well, I'm flattered." I chuckled, my cheeks turning a slight pink at his words.

He merely smiled wildly before he inched his way closer to my now motionless body, still holding a firm clutch to my hand. He began leering at me, a glint of lust in his eyes as he stared me up and down.

My smile faded a bit as I kept a keen focus on every move he'd taken, watching as his feet faced mine with a hurried attention and got closer every second. I was a bit taken aback by his mannerisms, yet attracted nonetheless by his charming character.

"We should hang out sometime." He finally stopped, his face only mere centimeters away from mine, his warm breath skimming over my skin, the tingling sensation only growing more intense in my stomach. "T-That would be uhh..." I stuttered, still a bit confused and surprised by his abrupt statement, "nice. That would be nice." I finished with a little more courage in my voice now, letting a soft grin escape my lips promptly.

"Come on Will! Get away from the lower class, will ya!" The insufferable voice of a coddled and pampered boy rang out from behind Will. I looked over his shoulder to see the waving adolescent male, his figure standing tall out of a black and shiny jaguar and leaning against the front window of it. I simply rolled my eyes, aggravated by his snobby words and expressions.

"See ya later, beautiful." He smirked once more against my skin, allowing my hand to fall gently out of the palm of his hand and slowly walking back. "See ya!" A giddy expression and tone emitted from my face, my busted up hand flying up quickly to wave him goodbye as he rushed towards his friends with an eager smile.

The bubbling sensation in my stomach still lingered as he drove away into the darkness, and my cheeks sat flushed, red as a tomato. It was a familiar feeling, not foreign in the slightest, yet it had always seemed to satisfy my senses nonetheless.

It was as if every charming and witty young man I had the pleasure to come across would entice me to no end. Of course this fact was one of my weaker qualities among the many others I had possessed. So, while I may come off as independent, loud, and confident, I am nothing different than a vulnerable little girl that gets hooked like a fish by every handsome boy that comes along.

To be honest, it's probably why I had loved Dallas so much when I was younger. Though, I will admit that it was different, more of a developed love rather than a little insignificant crush like the one I now had on Willam Buckley.

I smiled once more before taking my attention back down to my knuckles, still tickled from my recent encounter with Will. I admired my beat up fists, they were much like a little trophy for joining the fight through sheer instincts rather than trying to please Dallas's opinion of me. It was proof that I could take a stand for myself, protect myself, care for myself, all without being discouraged by anyone that might throw insults at me, joke or not.

"What the hell was that about?!" The painfully alluring and profound voice of Dallas shouted at me, his New York accent showing more than ever and enticing me greatly. I quickly whipped my head around to face him, his body moving up and down as he walked towards me with his eyes burning furiously with anger.

"What was what about?" I replied with wit, crossing my arms and shifting my stance while I turned to him as if I had no care in the world of what he thought, though I truly did.

Quickly, he jogged towards me, almost immediately making it to my front and looking down at my face with a stern expression, his breath moving across my skin lightly as he leaned close. My stomach erupted in butterflies but I kept a straight face as to not seem weak or defenseless in front of the tough exterior of Dallas Winston.

He hurriedly threw up his arms, acting like he were confused by my response. "That. Just now." He practically laughed, almost nervously as he looked side to side with bewilderment. "With that uhh.... that soc kid." He pointed to where the black jaguar sat only a few moments ago. "Hmm. Sounds to me like you're a little jealous." I smirked with cockiness, my confidence showing greatly as I stood straight and proud.

He threw his hand to his face with aggravation and a sigh, only brightening my haughtiness even further. "I'm just..." he sighed again, gripping the bridge of his tightly as he thought further, "concerned." He began settling down as he threw his hands back to his sides. "Hmm." I squeaked with a smile as I pushed past him with a shrug, only to make him more annoyed.

"Just..." He caught up to my side, grabbing my shoulder and quickly turning me to face him. "Be careful, alright? Remember what I told you about a socs?" He finished in almost a whisper, barely audible past me. "First, you're one to talk. Second, I'm not gonna let you dictate my life, alright?" I swept my shoulder away from his grip and left proudly towards the gang.