Chapter 1

Seto's POV

I felt my eyes snap open in shock and I sat up with a yelp.

The remnants of my dream were already slipping from my grasp but I could remember one key aspect of the dream... Just two words that made my blood run cold.

He's coming...

I panted heavily, turning and swinging my legs off the bed and sitting still, trying to recollect my thoughts.

I could barely recall it but I could remember how vivid it was. the explosions, the clashing of swords, the screams, the glimpses of my friends fighting, only they looked slightly different. Sky seemed to be wearing sunglasses, or ASF was wearing a suit of some sort. Strange...

Even after all these years, just thinking about my friends made me feel a pain in my chest. Notch I miss them... It felt like part of me died with them...

No... I can't keep thinking about them, I have to focus on what I remember from the dream...

Ugh! Why couldn't I remember more!
But those two words... They were so vivid and powerful that I felt like it was burned into my memory...

It couldn't be time... Could it?

So many years have passed, a few thousand to be precise, but it still felt like The Battle of Blades had taken place yesterday...

After my conversation with Notch, I had left, going into hiding to keep my Sacred Blade safe, and my key.

I'd need to speak with Notch about all of this. I haven't seen him for a while. Then again, I haven't seen anyone for a while...

I got up and walked out of my room, I had a small cottage near the river that I'd enhanced with magic long ago, so it was much roomier.

I walked into the bathroom in the hallway and turned on the tap, cupping my hands and throwing the water on my face to wake me up.

The water was cold and refreshing. It helped make me more alert.

I stared up at the mirror in the vanity, taking in my appearance. My face was slightly pale and stern, the usual. Yet, I couldn't help but stare at my eyes again.

My left is a normal, light brown with ever-changing purple streaks going through it.

But my right... It was still a bright luminescent purple. It was a fair price to look like as long as I could see, but it still bothered me...

I sighed and turned off the tap, frowning when I realized I could now hear a strange sound, almost like someone was breathing heavily.

I paused, realizing that I wasn't alone in the room.

I could now feel something moving silently through the shadows.

Taking a deep breath, I looked in the mirror again.

In the darkness of the hallway behind me, I could see the shadows moving, and from within the shadows, two dim red eyes...

I felt my eyes widen and I immediately threw my body to the floor, just as a large black spike shot out of the darkness and impaled the mirror where my head had just been, shattering the surface on contact and spraying shards everywhere.

I felt several shards fall on top of me and dig through my robes, piercing my back and making me wince in pain.

I managed to pull myself off the floor, ignoring the pain in my hands as they pressed down on floorboards, now littered with mirror shards, as the black spike slowly receded into the shadows.

I raised my hand and shout a word in Standard Galactic which meant 'push back.'

Immediately, the symbol appeared in the air between the shadow and I. The symbol shot towards the shadow and created a tiny explosion, sending the shadow back into the hallway.

I quickly broke into a sprint down out of the bathroom and down the hallway as the shadow tried to push past the rune, which was slowly fading, rushing into the living room where there was more space.

I quickly placed my hand on one of the floorboards, muttering another spell, causing the floorboard to glow a bright purple before vanishing, revealing a small hole.

I reached into the hole and pulled out a small object.

The object was a small silver stick with a small opal at the top.

The shadow finally pushed past the rune and quickly crept into the room, the red eyes burning brightly now. It let loose a cry that sounded like a cross between a hiss and a roar.

It crept further into the room, no doubt to attack me again. So I waited until the moment I could just see another large black spike begin to emerge before I pressed down on the opal hard.

Immediately, I felt the stick grow in weight, flashing a bright purple.

Without hesitating, I sidestepped to the left as the spike shot out past me and brought my still glowing weapon down on the spike, slicing it clean in two.

The shadow let out a furious roar as I brought it's wounded weapon back onto itself, the part I had sliced off, dissolving into the shadows.

The shadow seemed to growl angrily at me, making me smirk as the light of my weapon died.

I was now holding a long sword. It had a silver hilt with an opal in the hilt. A small white rune could be seen engraved on the opal, which meant 'Magic'

The blade itself was straight, sharp on both sides only one was jagged, the blade looked as if it was made on a fine purple glass, engraved with small white runes yet I know it's stronger and sharper than diamond.

My Sacred Blade, more powerful than anything this shadow could throw at me.

The shadow hissed in anger at the sight of my blade, lunging out again and causing me to slice at what I'm guessing was its chest.

The shadow roared in pain and, realizing that it was getting nowhere, turned and dissolved into the shows on the floor, vanishing.

I smiled to myself, taking my blade and pressing down on the opal, making it shrink into its small stick form and placing it in my pocket.

I sighed with relief, I was ok. That is until I felt a wave of dizziness hit me like a bag of bricks.

I hadn't used so much magical energy in a long time and I guess I'd just been going on adrenaline by that point. Only now did I realized how tired I really was...

I slumped against the wall and slid down it to the floor as black spots began to dance across my vision.

I heard the front door of creak open and heard a familiar voice call out, but I couldn't place it. "Seto?! Seto are you here?! Are you ok?!"

I tried to reply but I was just too tired.

I could only listen as the person walked into the house and swore at the site of the damaged living room, running over to me.

By this point, my eyes were barely open and I could only see two bright white eyes looking at me as the person grabbed my arms to try and pull me up.

But before I could see who had grabbed me, my world then faded to a comforting darkness.

----------------------------------------
:)

Would you believe me I I told you that I wrote this while listening to the song 'Albatross'?

Sorry, I'm on a plane and I'm tired.

So I decided to write this.

I'll post it when I land...

Anyways, thanks for reading and leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed it!!! :D

Or not, I don't really care...