Chapter 4

'Deadlox's' POV

I swallowed nervously as the squids surrounded me, swords drawn. I could just see my two iron swords just by one of the squids in front of me's tentacles. I doubted I could use both of them. Not with my arm like this.

I was ninety-nine per cent sure I'd broken it, mainly because it hurt like hell and the fact it was bleed profoundly really didn't help. I might be able to fight with one hand but I knew I was severely outnumbered.

This was supposed to be a simple walk in the woods. I'm not even that far away from the base. How could I have been so stupid to let myself get ambushed like this?! Notch I'm an idiot!

I wasn't about to let myself get taken so easily though. I mean, I've been in worse situations... I think... It's getting hard to think... I'm losing too much blood.

I got ready to dive for my sword. I wasn't about to let myself get taken, prisoner. If I was gonna go down, it'd be fighting.

But before I could, I paused...

A light purple mist seemed to be slowly creeping across the clearing, between the squid's legs, strangely avoiding me in a clean circle with at least a meter's radius. It was so thick it couldn't be seen through.

"What kind of sorcery is this?!" One of the squids yelled at me.

I shook my head "Hey, I'm just as clueless as you are." I said, careful to not touch the mist but slowly trying to reach my swords.

One of the squids seemed to notice since the second I got close enough his sword was at my throat "Don't even try it." The squid snarled.

I glared and was about to make a comment on that but before I could, the strange mist reacted.

Part of the mist between us shot up in a large purple spike, going straight between us and slicing the blade in half, the two pieces falling into the mist and clattering on the grass.

I fell back in surprise and hissed in pain when I landed on my wounded arm. I pushed myself up and looked up at the squid.

He stumbled back in surprise and horror as several other spikes shot out of the mist, almost skewering several of the other squids as it destroyed their weapons and armour.

"Retreat!" One of the squids yelled, "Leave the general to this monster!"

The rest of the squids didn't need to be told twice, turning and slithering away, leaving me surrounded by the mist.

I swallowed as I grabbed one of my swords and shakily stood up. I figured I wouldn't be able to fight this... Whatever it was... But I figured if I could wait for the right opportunity, I could make a break for it.

The odd thing was... When all the squids had disappeared, the mist began to retreat back into the woods west of me.

I watched it go and blinked as a boy dressed in a purple cloak came out of the woods, the purple mist gathering in his hands before fading out.

The boy breathed heavily and rubbed his head before rushing over to me. I hadn't noticed but my knees were buckling so he had managed to catch me and set me gently down so I was sitting on the grass.

"Are you alright?" The boy asked with worry, he looked to be about seventeen from what I guessed, I couldn't really make out his features just yet, my head was spinning a lot.

"Well, I've been better..." I muttered, shaking my head a bit to try and clear it "Thank you... Whatever you just did, I'm glad you did it."

The boy made a sound that he acknowledged that, tearing a piece of fabric from his cloak and muttering something into it. The cloth flashed purple for a moment before he tied it around my injured arm tightly.

Instantly, my head began to clear slightly, at least enough so that it wasn't spinning and I could register that this kid must be a sorcerer of some kind. That was quite surprising since sorcerers haven't been seen in years.

The sorcerer bit his lip "That should at least stop the bleeding for now, but I can't heal this... Do you know of a hospital or something close by?" He asked me as he retrieved my swords and helped me to stand.

I gave a small nod "Yeah." I pointed north "That way, there's a kingdom. Just get me to the castle and I should be alright."

The boy nodded as he wrapped my good arm over his neck to support me as began to help me walk in the direction of the castle.

"Sorry I can't teleport us there." The boy grunted, "I don't have much magic to spare."

I scoffed "Don't worry about it. You saved me, that's thanks enough..." I said, looking at his face.

From under the hood, I could make out a pale, shy face with messy brown hair under a small silver crown. For a minute I thought he might be royalty but given the way he spoke, dressed and walked, I had a feeling it was just there for show. Nothing wrong with that, it was pretty much the same with my headphones.

Though I think the main thing that caught my attention was his eyes. His left eye was light brown with small light purple strokes of colour dancing through it. The right eye, on the other hand, glowed bright purple like the magic he used. A long white scar when through it as well, whether it was from a sword or claw mark, I couldn't tell.

"Hey, what's your name? I never caught it." I finally asked.

I could feel the boy pause at that, almost hesitating, but he quickly seemed to shake it off and said "Seto... My name is Seto."

I gave a smile as I registered the name "Well nice to meet you, Seto." I said as we began the journey back to base "You can call me Ty..."

--------------

Some people were asking why I was calling the sacred warriors by their YouTuber names.

*points to chapter above* Yeah... That's why...

And on the matter of Seto's Magic. Seto can use his magic, he just hasn't used it for such powerful spells in a long time so it's taking him a while for his body to readjust to it is all.

Anyways, thanks for reading and be sure to leave s comment or vote if you enjoyed it! :D

Or not, I don't really care...