Cancer

---------------------------
Location: August's House
Date: October 15, 2015 Thursday
Time: 5:25pm
--------------------------
A U G U S T POV

"Dad. Robert said I really shouldn't go on this trip. But, I really want too." Ant said as I was watching Espn.

"Ant I already told you, your goin on this trip with your mom." I responded with annoyance filling my voice.

Luckily before he could say anything else he was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Maria.

"Hello ?" I answered.

"Look, August I have to take my dad to the hospital. He's coughing blood and Everything, so meet me at the hospital to pick up Rhythm later please."

I paused for a moment "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. He's coughing up what ?"

"Can you just meet me at the hospital ? I'm on my way there now. "

"Yea, yea, yea. Sure."

"Thank you," and with that she hung up.

I called Ant down and we walked out the door. I passed him my tablet so he would be busy, as I took the back way to the hospital which made me able to be there in what was like 5 minutes. We arrived and they hadn't gotten there yet, so I went inside with Ant so I could fill out her dad's info so he could go straight into examination. Once I was done I went back to the car and waited for them to arrive. 30 minutes went by and they still hadn't came as I became worried I decided to call Maria with less than 3 rings Tyler answered the phone.

"Hey August we are pulling up now."

"Alright tell Maria to pull under the tunnel."

" Ok."

I watched her pull in and they got him out quickly I backed into a closer spot so I could be closer to them. I looked in the back seat and Ant was still on my tablet so I got out the car and let him stay in it, while I locked the door. I went back to Maria who looked as if she had been crying.

"Hey baby girl.You alright."

"August he stopped breathing so I had to give him Cpr thats why it took me so long to get here."

"Oh. Was he up when he got out."

"Yea."

"Thats good. Do u want me to drop the kids off at my mom's and come back with you?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay. Is the baby sleep ?"

"No she was just whining." I grabbed her out of the back seat and pulled her seat out.

"I'll be right back."

"Ok. I love you August. "

"I Love you too Maria."

I grabbed the carseat and the placed it and the baby in the car and off to grandma's we go.

---------------------------
Location: Windmill Hospital
Date: October 15, 2015 Thursday
Time: 6:15pm
--------------------------
M A R I A POV

I walked into the lobby and sat by Tyler hoping they would come back with the report quickly. Brandon sat across from us, playing with his fingers. Next thing I know I was sound asleep. A little while later I felt someone move my head I looked up and saw August. I smiled because I didn't expect him to come back. Tyler gave up her seat, as August sat beside me. I laid my head down onto his lap, as he rubbed my arm comforting me.

The only thing running through my head right now is.... What if my father has cancer ? I can't lose both of my parents from cancer. Maybe, cancer runs through my family tree. Maybe, I'm next.. Then Brandon, lastly Rhythm. What if that's just how it's supposed to be. All these "what if's" were running circles in my head. I laid there silently crying to myself. My hands were blocking my face, so Tyler couldn't see me being a cry baby.