6: I Don't Want To Go Home

Gina
"Hey, Gina. Congrats." Ricky says approaching me. "Did you see Nini got Gabriella? I knew she could do it." He said grinning.

That little-

"Yeah. Congrats, Nini." I said to the girl on the other side of me. I wanted that part.

"Thanks. You too."

I don't want to go home. I don't want to hear my mom's reaction to this.

What if I just don't go home yet? She won't be back until late, anyway. Not that she would care where I am as long as I come back in one piece at one point or another.

I go outside, pulling out my phone, and sitting on the hard red bench at the end of the sidewalk on the way into school.

"Hey, Gina?" A girl in my grade named Ashlyn approached me. She'll be playing Ms. Darbus.

"Hi, Ashlyn. Congratulations on your role."

"You too! Thank you. Umm...it's totally fine if n-not, but you're invited over to my place tonight with the rest of us leads to celebrate. Umm...Big Red, Kourtney, and Carlos will be there too."

"Oh, sure. And, Ashlyn, you seem nervous. You don't have to be around me."

"Yeah, it's just- never mind."

"No, what?"

"It's nothing-"

"Have people been saying things about me?"

She looked down, no words needed.

"Ashlyn?"

"People have been saying you're a horrible person."