8: To Be honest, I've Never Done This

Two chapters in one day!?

Will I finish this book over break? Probably! Only chapters 9, 10, and an epilogue if necessary.

Has anyone caught the continuous pattern yet!? I'm ready to give a shoutout!

Gina
"Ricky Bowen, you're actually here."

"Well, good morning to you too." He chuckled, pulling out my chair.

"Good morning." I laughed. Before sitting down, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

What was happening to me?

I'd never agree to go on a date or even hug people since the first move. When I was like...I don't even remember it.

But he does this to me, I guess.

"I'm about to go up and order, what do you want?"

"I-"

"What's wrong?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't do this."

"What?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I don't go on dates, I don't give hugs, probably because I never receive them. I don't let myself be your second choice. I won't."

"Gina, you're not."

"Until a few days ago, you just wanted to be with Nini."

"Yeah, I was dating her before I knew a girl like you even existed. I wanted her back before I knew more than just a little about you."

"You don't like her."

"Not in the slightest. Well, not like that. I love her, Gina. As a friend. Is that okay?"

"We're not a couple. I'm not gonna dictate your friendships. Even if we were."

"Thank you, Gina. Now what can I order for you?"

Ricky's POV
"Wait, I'm sorry." I laughed. "You broke your toe, kicking your brother in the knee?"

"Yep. That's my worst injury." She chuckled, laying back in the booth.

"Tell me more about your family."

She sighed. "I don't...I don't know if I really want to talk about it, to be honest."

"Okay. That's fine. But I'm here for you, if you want to talk ever." I slowly moved my hand over to her side of the table.

"Ricky, I- I would, but I've literally never held a guys hand."

"No? Can I teach you?"

She nodded.

"So here's mine, and yours. And just like that...there." Now hers was in mine.

And now I'm pretty darn happy.

•••

"Thanks, Ricky. I had a lot of fun." She said. It was evening now.

After getting breakfast, we went on a walk in the park, then a picnic lunch, a movie, a causal dinner, and lastly I brought her for a walk at the beach. Now I brought her home.

"Is your mom home?" I asked, kind of awkwardly, looking at the empty driveway.

"Umm...maybe?"

"Well, is her car in the garage. 'Cause there's none here."

"Actually, uh...we don't exactly have a car in Salt Lake right now."

"Really?"

She shakes her head. "Have a good night, Ricky."

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yes. Good night."

"Good night." I grabbed her hand, and then I kissed her cheek. "See you on Monday."

500 words, peeps!