14 ~

"Normally I try to run, and I might even want to hide 'cause I never knew what I wanted 'til I looked into your eyes"

Izi's POV

I watched him as he sauntered into my house, stopping for a moment to gaze at the family photo that hung on our wall.

"What are you doing here Harry?" I pushed past him and made my way into the dining room.

"Just wanted to say hi." His nostrils flared as he tried to keep himself from smiling.

"You flew half way around the world.. to say hi?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows. He sighed,

"I needed to see you."

"Why?" I spat, pulling out a chair and motioning for him to sit down. He did and leaned over the table looking at me,

"Because I'm an idiot. I fucked up as usual and I needed to apologize."

"You could have called." I retorted, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I tried, about 100 times. You didn't answer."

"Touchè." I replied, sitting down at the table across from him. He looked tired.

"Just let me make it up to you. I need you in my life," He whispered it, a pang of guilt hit me for leaving him, "I push people away. I know I do. But in the two months or whatever that I've known you I've started to feel so attached to you. Something about you feels different. I don't know.."

"What do you expect me to say?" I sighed.

"I don't know. I don't care if you don't say anything, I just needed you to know." He looked into my eyes, begging me to say something.

"I don't want to be your girlfriend. I can't bring myself to like you in that way." It was harsh, but he needed to know.

"I don't mind. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life pining over you. At least you'll be a part of my life." He smiled at me and I laughed, shaking my head.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Move back to London." He simply stated.

"You're mental," I scoffed, "I just got home!"

He pouted at me sadly. I wanted to go back, I really did, but what if the same thing happened?

"Well, what about this," he started, "we start the Asian leg of the tour at the end of next week and that goes for like 10 days. After that, I'll fly you over. You can live in my flat in London."

"You have a flat as well as a house?"

"Yeah," he replied sheepishly, "It's where mum and Gem stay when they come into town."

"Mm." I hummed in response.

"What do you say?"

"Oh, Harry I don't know." I sighed.

"Come on. Just do it. I promise I won't spaz out on you again." He laughed and I rolled my eyes. I contemplated it for a while. I really did want to go back, I had sort of fallen in love with the city. He leaned forward, waiting for my answer;

"Fine." I finally said, he threw his hands in the air and gave a silent cheer. He opened his mouth to speak when the doorbell rang.

"I wonder who that is.." I said, more to myself than to him. Harry just shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair. I pushed my chair back and opened the front door to reveal Cassie and Zara standing there with piles and piles of junk food.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my mind darting back and remembering the famous band member sitting at my kitchen table.

"Well, One Direction apparently landed here this morning," Cassie said, pushing past me and wandering down my hallway, "and we thought you might be upset so we came to cheer you up."

"Oh, guys you- you really didn't have to do that. I'm fine!"

"Oh well, still good to have a bit of girl time!" Zara sung, throwing a family sized packet of salt and vinegar chips in my direction. I caught it as she sauntered past me to catch up with Cass.

"Guys, seriously, I, um."

"What's wrong with you Iz?" Cassie asked, rounding the corner into the kitchen. The next thing I heard was the bottle of coke she was carrying hit the ground and explode.

"What the fuck?" I heard Zara say quietly. Well, they'd seen him. I walked around the corner to see the two of them standing in front of Harry, mouths agape.

"Izi.." Cassie whispered, leaning towards me "are you aware that there's a pop star at your dining table?"

"Harry, this is Cassie and Zara. Cass and Zara, this, is Harry." I said, suddenly feeling very awkward.

"Hey, nice to meet you." Harry said, getting up from the table and holding his hand out. They both just stood there staring at him.

"He's not a fucking ghost. Please stop being so stupid." I hissed at them.

"Right. Hi, nice to meet you." Zara said, reaching out and shaking hands with Harry. Cassie did the same afterwards. They sat down at the table and I explained to them why Harry was there. As Cassie opened her mouth to speak, Harry's phone started ringing.

"Excuse me." He said, hopping up from the table and walking out into the hallway.

When they were sure he was out of earshot both of the girls pounced on me.

"What the fuck?"

"Izi, I need details now"

"Are you dating?"

"Did you have sex with him?"

I stuttered, trying to process the questions and deciding which one to answer before Harry walked back into the room.

"Ah, that was Preston. I have to go" he said, watching Cass and Zara out of the corner of his eye. They were both leaning on the table and staring at him again. I rolled my eyes at them.

"I'll walk you out." I said, tugging his arm.

"See you later girls, nice to meet you." He was so fucking polite.

"Bye Harry!" they both said in unison, and I rolled my eyes at them again. I lead Harry back up the hallway to the front door.

"Why do you have to go?" I asked

"We have a performance at the Hot Hits. I kinda have to be there" he joked. I laughed along but a part of me was kind of disappointed that he was leaving.

"So, I'll see you in a few weeks then?" He said, pushing a stray curl out of his face. I nodded at him. He leant down and placed a kiss on my cheek, our faces lingered together for a moment too long before I pulled away and swallowed hard. I gave him a smile as he opened up the front door and headed down to the black car parked on the nature strip. He turned and gave me a small wave before he climbed into the car. I closed the door behind me and leant against it, a smile creeping over my face. I had him back in my life again.