18 ~

"We stayed afloat for just a while, we dared to swim alone, dark water left your sinking heart to drown"

Izi's POV

The weeks passed as I continued to adjust to life in England. Most days were the same; wander around the city, do some shopping, see the boys, have dinner, go to bed. But something had been off with Harry recently, the spark in his eyes was dulling slightly. When I'd ask him about it he'd say he was fine. I didn't want to push it. They were currently in America doing promo for their new album, and they'd be back later tonight. I waited around all day, yearning for the moment when I'd get to see him again. It had only been two weeks, but I was getting used to having him around all the time. I was making dinner when I received a text from him;

Landed. Exhausted. Have to go out for Nick's birthday. Join me? .x

I smiled to myself. He didn't seem to have feelings for me anymore, his relationship with Nadine having blossomed while they were in the U.S. Something about it made me jealous, but I ignored it. I typed my reply;

Sure. What time? x

His reply came back straight away;

9. I'll pick you up. See you soon .x

I looked at the clock hanging on the kitchen wall. It was 7:45. I finished making my dinner, opting not to eat it and instead covering it and putting it in the fridge. I trotted down the hall to my bedroom, pulling nearly everything I owned out of the wardrobe, attempting to find something to wear. I settled on a plain LBD, always reliable. It took me 15 minutes to find the shoes I was looking for and I was only half way through my makeup when the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock: 8:56pm. Shit, he was early.

"COME IN, IT'S OPEN!" I called, popping my head around the corner and watching him wander in.

"Hey, I'll be like 10 minutes!" I said, darting back into my room to get ready. I heard him call a mumbled "okay" as I shut the door. I finished my makeup, and rushed back out to the kitchen, finding him sitting on the bench looking at his phone. He looked up when he saw me come in, his eyes darting over me quickly.

"You look nice." he said, with a light smile. He looked tired, the bags under his eyes were dark and heavy.

"You alright?" I questioned, he just nodded at me and smiled. I took his word for it as we headed out to the car.

"After you." He said, opening the door for me.

"Why thank you good sir." I joked, climbing into the car. He shuffled in next to me and recited the address to the driver. I watched him as he sat, his forehead was sweating and he couldn't keep still. I placed my hand on his thigh and he turned to look at me,

"What is going on? Seriously, tell me."

He took a deep breath and rubbed his palms on his jeans;

"Well, I, um.." he started, "Nadine and I are dating."

"Oh, like actually dating?" He nodded at me,

"I didn't want to tell you because I know you don't like her. She asked me if I wanted to be exclusive and I said yes. I'm sorry." I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat.

"Harry," I started, "as long as you're happy I don't care what you do. Just be careful."

He sighed, relief washing over him,

"I'm so fucking glad you're okay with it. I was freaking out for the whole trip home." I gave him a fake smile, but he seemed to buy it.

We chatted aimlessly about his trip to the U.S. until we pulled up at the bar. It was the same place where I had first found him lying on the bathroom floor. Something pulled inside me and I looked at him. Maybe I did want him? God, he was so beautiful. He was charming, and funny. Why now? I couldn't have him. He had a girlfriend now. I pushed the thoughts out of my head as he opened the door and held his hand out to help me out. We headed inside and were instantly greeted by Nick.

"Harry!" he shouted, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Hey mate. Happy birthday! You remember Izi?" He motioned to me and Nick nodded.

"How are you babe?" he asked, kissing me on the cheek.

"I'm good. Happy birthday!" He smiled at me and lead us through the group of people. We passed some celebrities I recognized; Rita Ora, Alexa Chung and Kate Moss. I instantly became self conscious. Everyone was gushing over Harry when he greeted them. For some reason I sunk into the background. I retreated to the bar and ordered a drink, a familiar voice breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hey Iz." I turned to find Niall standing there, a beer in his hand. I breathed a sigh of relief at the familiar face. I leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Watcha drinking?" he asked in his thick Irish accent. I looked down at the glass in my hand.

"Wine. Tastes like shit." I said and he laughed. We chatted for a while and had a few more drinks before a guy I didn't know came up and tapped Niall on the shoulder.

"MAAAAATE!" Niall cried, slinging an arm around the mystery man, "Izi, this is Dylan, Dyl this is Izi."

"Nice to meet you Izi." He gave me a smile, something seemed off about him but I ignored it. I smiled sweetly at him. His eyes raked over my body, stopping at my cleavage before meeting my eyes and winking at me. I instinctively moved closer to Niall who seemed oblivious as he continued to drink his beer. It wasn't long before we were all pretty drunk, dancing together and making fools of ourselves. I excused myself from the crowd of sweaty people and headed out into the back alley to have a cigarette. I lit my smoke and leaned against the wall for a few minutes before the door opened. I expected to see a staff member but instead Dylan walked out. I instantly became uncomfortable as he walked towards me. He stopped inches from my face before he spoke;

"You're coming home with me." His eyes were bloodshot and I could tell he was on drugs.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass." I said softly, dropping my cigarette and attempting to walk inside as he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"That wasn't a request." He spat. My breath caught in my chest.

"Dylan, don't.." I barely managed to get out before he pushed backwards. He started kissing me and pinned me against the wall. The grip he had on my arm was sure to leave a bruise.

"Don't struggle you little bitch. We both know you want this." I tried to push him off me but he was too strong. My body went weak just as the door swung open, crashing against the brick wall.

"OI. GET OFF HER!"