▬▬▬▬▬▬ vol. 1

▬▬▬▬▬▬ vol. 1
just the beginning

         VERONA MARÍA TORETTO never knew what an easy life without worry's about money or food felt like. As a middle child of not wealthy parents she had to work since she entered high school. That's why she could never finish school or go to college. Sadly. She was a smart, beautiful and powerful young woman. But Verona, mostly called Vero or María, would never dare to complain about her life.

Verona grew up in Los Angeles with her big brother Dom, and her younger sister Mia Toretto. They never had an easy life. The three of them had to say goodbye to both of their parents. Their dad died when Mia was just a teenager. It was hard for all of them, but mostly for Dom. Even though he never showed it because he stayed strong for his younger sisters. Verona just remembered how she couldn't even show emotions, while Mia was lying next to her, crying her eyes out. It took her month to finally realize what really happened.

That was one of Veronas bad traits. She couldn't show or even talk about her emotions. It will always take her some time to open up to someone or to even admit that she felt sadness or else. It was either that or she immediately burst into tears. But this wasn't the case when her parents died, which is why she learned to finally let her emotions free.

Yet, Verona always loved the way Dom took care of her and Mia. After all, they promised each other that they would always stay together. So, they still lived in the house they grew up in, like nothing happened.

For the love of her siblings, Verona never expressed her dreams and wishes. But in her books, she was already traveling the world in her red Porsche after she finished school to finally work a real job. She was always told that she could express herself well, had an answer and argument for everything, and never let herself be defeated. That was her strength. Sadly she was stuck working with her brother and sister, selling tuna sandwiches. The good thing about it was that she was around her family and friends. Plus, she could race to earn money, so her dreams may come true one day.

To be clear, Verona was a pretty good racer. She was fast und knew how to drift, even though she had trouble to figure out when to slow down. For her, it was being fast or being nothing. She just didn't know exactly that it could be her downfall at some point. Dom told her every time before she got behind the wheel that speed, and perfect gear shifting, were of no use if she didn't end up braking in time. Until now, Verona had always managed it by drifting at the perfect time, but you never knew what was coming. Verona, on the other hand, liked the feeling of adrenaline rushing through her body when she was in this situation. It were these moments that made her feel alive.

Despite all the stages in her life, Verona always only had eyes for cars. ( For Dom, that was the best thing that could've happened to him because no older brother liked seeing his little sister with a guy ). This was until three years ago,
when she was in a relationship with an old
friend of Dom's - Daniel Walker. For a short
time he took away that sparkle in her eyes that everyone else admired. He beat her and took her away from her family. He almost managed to do that, but a brother like Dom wouldn't let this happen. One morning Verona woke up and heard on the news, that a car had burst into flames on the train track. There was a dead man, who wore the name of Verona's ex-boyfriend. The next thing she remembered was Mia crying because Dom was being taken away for questioning by the police. Luckily for her, things ended well with Dom because nothing could be proven against him. The worst thing for Verona was seeing her brother in handcuffs because of her. Dom had to promise her never to do something like that again, but deep down she knew he would always do it again. And she had to promise Dom that she wouldn't date guys like Daniel anymore, which wasn't hard because after his death she felt nothing but relief. It's harsh to say, but the way he beat her almost to death, after Jaime flirted with her, had often made her wish, that Daniel would just disappear from her life. Dom made this wish come true. Since then, the topic of men has been over for her. Verona was in her mid-twenties, she still had her life ahead of her and she wanted to take advantage of it. In Dom's eyes, Verona was the most joyful woman he knew. He had raised her and given her the fire in her eyes that no man could take away from her.

After all she's been through, Verona grew stronger everyday and she was ready to finally see something else than her usual environment.

▇ '∵ ☽* ༺ · ◦ ///

I. NOW THE STORY CAN BEGIN!

II. i already love verona, especially because of jessica alba, but the way she loves her family makes me so happy. in my book, she's a joyful, happy, confident, dreamy and beautiful woman, who can race the shit out of somebody. but i don't wanna spoil to much, so be ready for the next chapters.

🍸🚔🛞