iii, nicknames

▬▬▬▬▬▬ iii, nicknames 

IT WAS LATE AT night when Verona and Mia sat down in the older ones bedroom. Loud music was playing downstairs in the house and they heard laughter. There was a party going on, but they didn't attend. How could everyone be so calm when Dom still hasn't shown up? It was normal for him to be late, but it didn't suit him to not show up at all.

Mia lay with her head on Verona's thighs while she hummed and stroked through her sister's long brown hair. She had been doing this since the two were little so that the youngest could at least relax a little.

Verona was just freaking out inside, thinking about Dom and somehow also about Brian. The blonde had somehow managed to gain the girl's interest. He was so mysterious that she wanted to know more about him. But she knew it would be weird if she'd so obvious about it.

The younger one looked up to her sister. "What
are you thinking about?" she asked her, so Verona fell out of her thoughts.

"Hm?" she responded in confusion.

Mia smiled slightly, "Are you thinking about Dom?" Verona nodded.

"Yeah, yeah." she muttered. She bit her lip and then lifted her sister's head before she hopped out of her bed. "Ugh, I can't just sit here," she said, walking up to commode, grabbed her jacket and her car keys. Mia sat down on the bed and looked at her. "I'll look for Dom to make sure nothing happened." She bit her lip again, putting her jacket on.

Mia stood up and walked over to her sister.
"Alright, I'm coming with you." she said.

Verona shook her head, "You wait here to call me if Dom shows up, alright?" Mia thought about it for a moment. She wanted to protest, but she knew her sister would win, so she just nodded.

"Take care." she yelled after her sister, who was already running down the stairs.

The music was now louder in her ears and she looked at all her friends. They were dancing and laughing with beer in their hands. Her eyes searched for Letty, but instead she met Jaime's.

She sighed heavily as she saw him approaching her. "How you doin', Vero?" he asked and she was already rolling her eyes.

"Didn't Dom tell you to stay away." she said, crossing her arms.

"You know Dom. I'm family," he stepped closer to the girl, making her face turning into disgust. "He would never disown me." he said.