ii, respect

♱

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ii, respect

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ii, respect

          WHEN THE SUN WENT down and the moon and the stars showed up, everyone around knew what time it was — race time. It felt like
heaven to all people who loved cars, racing and making money. But it easy as it sounded to make money, it was just as easy to lose it. Verona never lost money or a car. ( Racing against Dom didn't count 'cause she never raced with him for money. He was just better than her. Even though she would never admit that. )

Verona was putting on her shoes while Dom passed her, heading down to get to his car.

"Put on a jacket." he just told her. Verona sighed and grabbed her jacket, left the door open for Mia and followed Dom outside.

"Please, Dom. Let me race today." she begged.
Of course she loved Dom with all her heart, but sometimes she hated the way he acted like he was more than a big brother. Like a dad.

Dom shook his head, "Nah, today's my turn."
He opened the passenger door before letting out a high-pitched whistle through his teeth. "Mia!" he yelled and seconds later the youngest sister showed up to take place in Doms car.

Verona crossed her arms, "C'mon, Dom."

Dom turned his head back to her. "Trust me,
María," he responded with a small smile. "I've
gotta feelin' about this." he said and Verona sighed as Dom got behind the wheel. She stepped aside so Dom could drive past.

"Nah, better trust me, man." She didn't hesitate to went straight up to her car. She got in, started the engine and followed Dom's car. It only took a few moments for her to catch up with her brother. The two of them were already going too fast when Verona came into the opposite lane to be next to Dom. She looked over at her siblings and saw Mia just shaking her head with a grin.
Verona gave Dom a last provocative look before she accelerated and the two of them only saw the taillights of the red car. Dom couldn't help but grin at his sister before following her.