viii, the thing about the past

♱

▬▬▬▬▬▬ viii, the thing about the past

           VERONA PACED AROUND HER room, stressed out while Letty and Mia rummaged around in her closet. She had her hair done and Letty had applied blush, mascara and lip gloss on her, but she wasn't fully ready. She didn't know what top to wear and it freaked her out.

Mia shook her head at her. "Relax, V," she told her, making Verona take a deep breath and sit
on her bed. "You've already got your jeans and shoes on, don't worry about the rest of the fit'."
she said and looked back at Veronas clothes.

"Yeah, girl. We got ya." Letty winked at her and Verona smiled for a second. She always cared about her look and outfit, but how she looked tonight now was more important than ever. Letty then held up a blouse, which made Verona stand up. "This is pretty," she said slowly before she looked at her stressed friend. "And you can make it look sexy." she added, handing Verona the blouse.

"You think?" she asked them, looking at the blouse.

"Girl, I don't think I know." Letty said, making Verona truly laugh for the first time of the evening.

"Try it on!" Mia told her and her sister didn't hesitate.

She turned away from the two of them, carefully pulled her blouse over her head so that it didn't ruin her hair or make-up and then turned to the mirror next to her bed. Her eyes wandered silently over her reflection in the mirror while Letty and Mia looked at each other briefly.

"You look so beautiful, Vero." Mia whispered, meaning every word. For her, Verona has always been the prettiest girl alive. She was the person she looked up to. The younger sister remembered that when she was younger and Verona was outside working on a car with Dom, right after their dad died, she would go up to Verona's room to try on her clothes. Even if she wasn't blessed
with Veronas pretty curls, she did hairstyles like her sister did and wore her tops like she did.