vi, cha cha cha

♱

▬▬▬▬▬▬ vi, cha cha cha

             VERONA LOVED THAT TIME of the week, when the whole family would sit together to eat barbecue. ( Counting Dom, Letty, Verona,
Mia, Jesse, Leon, Vince, Jaime, Rayan and now even Brian, to the family. ) Dom made the best barbecue while Mia was making some salad's and other food in the kitchen. Verona also helped her, but more mentally than with cooking, as the younger Toretto was much more talented in this area than she was. The others were there to eat, pray and shit talk.

Letty was already setting the table outside, while in Los Angeles the sun was finally so low that it no longer shone into the Torettos' garden. Rayan and Leon helped her while Brian and Dom stood next to the grill. Meanwhile, Jesse and Vince were already running out onto the driveway, knowing that Jaime would show up any second with the rest of the meat.

Verona was sitting on the kitchen and leaning on her hands. Mia, on the other hand, chopped the last piece of cucumber for the salad. Just as her sister looked away, Verona quickly grabbed a piece of cucumber. However, Mia saw this out of the corner of her eye and turned back around with her mouth open.

Verona was already chewing when Mia lightly slapped her hand. "You know that you have to say the grace before we eat." she said and Verona shrugged her shoulders with a little grin.

"Nobody has to know." Verona responded and winked at her sister, making her more smile.

It was a long-standing tradition among the Torettos that anyone who ate something before the table prayer finally had to say the grace.
And Verona loved that.

The two sisters' eyes wandered to the kitchen door when suddenly someone came in. Not a second later, Verona felt Mia's eyes on her, which is why she pressed her lips together slightly.
Mia was definitely not dumb when it came to the Brian and Verona situation. But she just hoped that Dom was dumb enough to think that they're just friends. ( Even though she already knew that this was impossible. )