Chapter 14: Waves Crashing

Nicole's POV
*Back To The Affair Confrontation*

Tony stands there, looking very confused. He's really going to try this bullshit? Oh, please. I already know the truth. He just needs to admit it.

"Affair?" He scoffs. "You think I'm having an affair?"

"No, I don't think. I know you are so cut the crap, Tony." This is the most angry feeling I have felt in a really long time.

He looks down and shakes his head, "Can I take you somewhere?"

Does he honestly think I'm letting him take me anywhere? After all this!

"No!" I scream, obviously infuriated. "Are you insane?!?"

"Trust me, please." Tony holds his hand out for me.

Instead of taking his hand I just nod to him. He takes the hint and starts walking to the car. I walk behind him, seriously wanting to punch him. Wherever the hell he is taking me, it won't fix what he's done. Nothing can. He's such a douche.

He unlocks the car and opens the door for me. I don't acknowledge that he did anything and get in. Yeah, I'm being rude, but I sure as hell don't deserve to be cheated on. I'm done with guys after today, especially guys in bands. I will be single forever. I'll adopt a dog, do my college work, and raise this child on my own. Tony can come see her when he's not on tour, but he will have nothing to do with me.

I might sound crazy, but I know any other girl in this situation would feel the exact same way.

Tony breaks the silence, "Are you hungry? It's going to be a long drive."

Great! I'm stuck in a car with him for a long drive. Oh, how lovely.

"A little." I reply to him with absolutely no emotion in my voice.

"Anything specific you want?" Is he trying to win back my affection?

"I don't care."

He leaves it at that and pulls into a Baldos drive thru. He already knows what I want - chicken enchiladas. If he thinks food is going to win me over, he is wrong.

Once hes done ordering the food, I turn the radio up so I won't have to deal with him anymore. I wish I never agreed to this stupid car ride but now I'm stuck here with him. Lovely, right?

"Here's your food." Tony hands me the the to-go box with utensils.

I mutter under my breath, "Thanks."

I honestly thought I would say it more rudely but I didn't. Yay me!

No.

I dig into the food and turn up the radio even more. The Hills by The Weekend is playing and I just leave it on. I don't want to do anything but sit here, eat my enchiladas, and drink my hortchata.

***

It's already been almost and hour and a half. I just want to get out of this damn car. My butt hurts, I need to pee, Tony keeps trying to talk to me, the music hurts my ears, the baby keeps kicking and it hurts, I feel like I'm about to pop from eating, and I just want to sleep. I groan and change my position in the seat to be more comfortable but it doesn't work.

"Are we almost there?" It's the first thing I have said to Tony since we ate.

"In about another 45 minutes." He tells me as he turns onto some road surrounded by trees. Is he going to take me somewhere and like force me to stay with him? Shit, I should've been nicer.

Nah.

"Why the hell is it such a long drive?" I complain with a lot of attitude. I feel slightly bad for acting like this but I know he had am affair and he just threw away a marriage that could've went on forever. I think I'm allowed to be upset here.