A Bad Dream

theme: fluff

context: after suffering from a bad dream, you oddly crave the comfort of your cold roommate, Karina, who you had just moved in with.

You gasped for air, waking up from another bad dream.

"Why did she have to appear again?" You muttered as you wiped the sweat off of your head, recalling the image of your abusive mom from the dream.

You glanced at the time, only to see that it was 11pm. You hadn't even gotten much sleep, in fact only about 45 minutes.

You brushed off the bad feeling before closing your eyes again, however it seemed almost impossible to fall asleep.

Still being a little shaken up, you had no choice but to get up and sit down on your bed.

You stared at the wall that was dimly lit by the salt lamp and began pondering.

You knew that it'd be hard to get back to sleep, at least for a little while, however there was one easy solution that seemed a little too daring.

And that was to get a sense of comfort from your roommate.

It seemed like an awful idea at first because after the two weeks of living in your new dorm, you'd already gotten the feeling that your roommate wasn't exactly too fond of you.

Especially when she was a little older so she was kinda awkward.

But it seemed like the only way as you used to do it with your old roommates back at your old dorm.

Without thinking, you got up and slowly began making your way to her room, your anxiety spiking.

After wandering the dark hallway that connected your rooms, you stood infront of her door before softly knocking.

It was silent for a few seconds before hearing the cold, deep and monotone voice that was recognised to be your roommate.

"Yes?" She spoke from the inside, her voice sounding a little irritated as it was already half eleven at night.

"Erm...Can I come in." You awkwardly asked, feeling like a beggar.

You could tell she was contemplating as she didn't respond right away, however she eventually sighed, replying with a yes.

You peaked in, slowly opening the door and entering, closing it behind you.

Karina was against her headboard, the thick duvet ontop of her legs whilst her small little bedside lamp was the only thing illuminating her room.

You stood awkwardly, admiring her stunning visual before remembering why you had came in the first place.

"Uh...I had a bad dream." You averted your gaze to the floor, internally cursing at yourself as if this couldn't get anymore embarrassing.

She looked at you silently, a confused and skeptical expression on her face.

"Um okay...?" She replied coldly, not really sure how to react.

You gulped.

"Well these dreams get really serious sometimes so I often have to find a sense of comfort," you began explaining whilst she continued to give you a confused stare.

"...and usually I'd hug my old roommates to feel better, but...they aren't here."

You scratched the back of your neck, still feeling awkward, "So I was just wondering if you could- Or if you atleast have some sort of stuff toy that I could possibly hug-"

You quickly stopped, feeling too embarrassed that you had to leave.

"Actually nevermind, forget about it." You cut it short, your panic visible to Karina which she found slightly amusing.

"Sorry for disturbing you, have a good night." You apologetically bowed, however as you were about to open the bedroom door, she finally spoke.

"Y/n." She called out.

You immediately turned your back, looking at her.

"Come here."

Your ears perked up, not really believing if those words actually came out of Karina before you timidly began walking towards her.

She sighed, glancing around her bed before scooching up and making room for you.

"You're the first and last person I'm ever letting in my bed." She mumbled, before lifting up her duvet and patting the empty space, inviting you to lay with her.

You immediately crawled in, feeling her warmth instantly heat you up as your bodies were dangerously close. The smell of vanilla engulfed you and her soft mattress felt heavenly, not to mention that you now had the prettiest girl alive next to you.

"Thank you." You quietly muttered, feeling comforted by her company as she reached over to turn off her lamp, darkness now surrounding the both of you.

After a few minutes of silence with your bodies still at a distance, Karina turned towards you and surprisingly slithered her arms around your waist, pulling you into her.

"Karina?" You called out, wondering if she was doing this awake or asleep because it seemed quite unbelievable.

"Hm?" She hummed, loud and clear, indicating that she was awake.

"Nothing." You quickly replied, feeling nervous as she hugged you voluntarily.

She snuggled into you more as you continued to face the ceiling, her head nuzzling into your neck while her leg now drapped over yours.

It was silent for a few seconds, hearing her soft breathes against your neck, before she spoke.

"You're not even gonna hug me back?" She asked playfully.

You just registered what she said and panicked, "Ah- Sorry." You quickly turned, your head now resting ontop of hers while your hand layed on her waist.

The unfamiliar embrace was peculiar yet comforting, and it just felt right for you even though this was the most time you've had with your roommate in the last two weeks.

A short while later, you both end up in a deep slumber, your worries from your nightmare slowly drifting away in the care of Karina.

a/n: hope yous enjoyed xx.

mainly doing this bc i kinda wanna practice my writing + im gay as hell for jimin.

and requests are open! fyi i cringe at writing smut so theres either gonna be none or itll be a rare occurance lmao