Catching You

a/n: in this, jimin is a soloist. Enjoy!!

--

You panted. It was late and cold and you were completely exhausted after finishing your shift at the hospital.

The distance from the building and your apartment was quite lengthy, but with a change of shoes and a little bit of sprinting experience, it only took you a good 10 minutes before you had reached the door by foot.

"Please don't be gone." Was all you could mutter as you reached for your keys to unlock the door.

You hoped that Jimin was still in the apartment, maybe she was still finishing off her luggage, but you knew that thought was delusional. You couldn't let her leave, not yet, not after the argument you two had the last time you had been together.

You remembered the pained expression on her face and the slight rude remarks coming from her as she complained that you hardly had any time for her whenever she was finally free.

It stung, it really did, but there was nothing you could do to amend your schedule, especially when you worked in the frontline for the hospital.

You shook your head to prevent the tears from arising before rushing in and heading to the living room.

"Hey Y/n!" Ning screamed from the sofa with a smile, however her look faltered at the sight of your stressed state.

You looked around frantically, but only three of your roommates seemed to be present, your girlfriend nowhere to be found

"Where's Jimin!?"

"She left for the airport just 15 minutes ago." Minjeong averted her gaze from the TV screen towards you, where a glint of pity could be seen from her eyes.

You cursed under your breath and held your gaze onto the ground, jaw tightening and fist clenching until your knuckles painted white.

You were too late.

Silence fell around the room as you tried to comprehend the fact that your girlfriend left without bothering to bid you a goodbye.

"She's that mad? " You asked yourself, but it wasn't until Ning spoke, you got out of your head before your thoughts could get worse.

"You know - if you leave now, there's a possibility you could still catch her before she's on her plane."

You looked at her with wide eyes. She was right, she didn't leave too long ago which gave you a sense of hope.

Aeri however, scoffed.

"Did you not hear what Jimin said to us!? She doesn't want to see Y/n before she leaves."

Like a gunshot to the heart, your body stung hearing those words, and you almost crumbled upon the mention yet you stood your ground.

Aeri focused her glare on you, feeling her anger stabbing into your body.

It was predictable, the word about your argument would've eventually gone out to the others, and someone was bound to take sides.

Minjeong lightly smacked Aeri to scold her, "Stop with the attitude, you aren't Jimin's mother."

"But she hurt her for godsake!" Aeri bellowed as she pointed a finger at you.

You shifted uncomfortably on your feet, feeling guilty. You knew it, you were clearly being a horrible girlfriend to Jimin, and all you could do was hope that she'd accept your apology.

Minjeong sighed and glanced at you again, noticing your change in demeanor masked in guilt.

"Don't listen to her." Minjeong shook her head as Aeri crossed her arms, refusing to look at you. "Just go, her flight is at 12am, you've got an hour."