CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER [36] What Would've Happened

After two days of having fun and trying to get their parents back together, we went home to Port Angeles. The car ride was short because all of us were drained and exhausted, so all of the passengers were fast asleep. I was shocked because we were already dropping Gwen at her house, then Angelo's when I woke up.

When we arrived at my house, Lucas made no move to go out.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I was ready to jump out of the car, my things already gathered in my hands. Lucas didn't look at me, but his eyes seem distant.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure, about what?"

"Can you stop seeing and talking to Tyler? It's making me uncomfortable," he said, finally looking at me. I was flabbergasted at the sudden request, because I really didn't see that one coming.

"What? What are we doing wrong?"

"It's just making me uneasy. He's bad news for you, Kris."

"Lucas..." I trailed. "I need to be honest... I hate it when you tell me what to do. We're not even in a relationship for you to be bossing me around."

"Then go out with me," he said, grasping my hand. My eyes flickered to our hands and I couldn't help myself but raise an eyebrow. "I like you since the first day I saw you, Kris. I know you like me, too. You've been waiting for me to come back and now here I am. What's stopping you?"

I fixated my eyes to the boy who was in the driver seat, his eyes pleading. I opened my mouth to answer but then shut it close.

When he noticed my silence, he answered for me. "Is it Tyler?"

"Why are you always bringing him up, Lucas?" I asked, exasperated. "I hate it when you tell me what to do. It's my life. You've been here for only a month and you're already bossing me around, prohibiting me from drinking with my friends, and the fact that you were even there, and now you want me to stop hanging out with them?"

"I didn't say you'll stop hanging out with them. I only said to stay away from Tyler."

"Well, Tyler is my friend, too!" I raised my voice. "Stopping me from having the best night of my life and telling me what to wear was one thing. But telling me to stop seeing a friend because of your own insecurities? I don't think so."

"But Kris, I know him. He's not who you think he is."

"And I know you, Lucas? You're acting like some jealous boyfriend, and it's not okay!"

"I just want you to be mine, Lora! Why is it so hard to be with me when you've practically spent all these years waiting for me to come back?!"

"Lucas, I don't like you that way anymore after seeing what kind of boyfriend you might be in the future and that's that. I'm sorry," I ended as I opened the door to his car and muttered a "thanks for the ride" before walking out on him.

I didn't need a pain-in-the-ass kind of man that I would welcome in my life. Surely I had fantasies of him and I together when we were kids, but I had never expected he would be this bossy and this obsessive kind of guy. He was laid-back when we were kids, and that was one thing that I had liked about him.

Setting aside my feelings for Tyler, I had also come to a conclusion that I would be quarantined from the rest of the world if I ended up with Lucas. His obsession was something, but it's definitely not for me.

I shove my hand in one of the pockets of my bag and opened the door to my house. Before I entered, I saw Lucas pulling out of the road with an unnecessary speed. I rolled my eyes at his childishness as I entered my own home.