Chapter 28

Small Talk

I felt Tyler cringe beside me. He quickly snapped his head in my direction and went to see what my reaction was. I was taken aback and couldn't process everything. I just stared at him wide-eyed. It took me a whole while to get what he said in my head.

Brother?

They were brothers?

And Tyler just made a blind eye that I have been searching for his brother all along? And he didn't even tell me?

I didn't react, I couldn't even though I wanted to flip the table out of anger. But I wanted to have dinner peacefully. It was the first time I got to see Loui and Ashley again, and I didn't want to get a bad impression. If I'd act out now, I'm also gonna be hearing a lot from Adrian. So I just looked down at my plate and started helping myself.

"How's life in LA, Lucas?" Adrian asked. I raised a brow and couldn't help but let the words blurted from my mouth.

"Lucas? But I thought Loui stands for Louis?"

Loui or Lucas looked at me sideways.

"I'm sorry, I was just curious," I said, looking down. I felt Adrian stare at me from where he was sitting, so I looked at him apologetically.

"There's no need to apologize, princess," he said to me reassuringly with a smile on his face. "Louis is my nickname, they just call me Loui after a long time of getting tired of pronouncing the 's'. But please, just call me Lucas. I feel such a baby with that nickname."

I just forced a nod and a fake smile and continued eating. I don't know if everyone felt the uncomfortable atmosphere in the room or if was it just me. In the corner of my eye, I could see Tyler gripping his fork rather tightly but trying to keep his head down to focus on eating.

I looked away from him and tried my best not to look in his direction. Tyler also made no effort too.

"Tyler here was keeping my sister company when I was away. He's the most trusted person I have ever known that's why I never questioned him and trusted him to my fullest to take care of Kris when I was away," Adrian spoke to Lucas and Ashley. I saw Lucas raise a brow and then looked at Tyler.

"Really? So nothing happened? You didn't lay a finger on her, right?" he asked.

Even in this situation, I couldn't stop the blush that was creeping up my cheeks. All I remembered was what happened earlier, and something could have definitely happened if Adrian didn't call me.

Everything I said in my thoughts started to become guilt. Even if Loui and I were never in a relationship before, I still felt like I was committed to him. There was a huge part of me that could have just waited a little longer.

"Your brother is the most caring guy I have ever met," I said, emphasizing on the word "brother" just to make Tyler feel I felt so betrayed. "We are just friends and I see him nothing more than that."

I saw Tyler looking at me after I said that before looking down on his plate.

Suddenly, all my feelings for him turned to hatred when I finally realized what was really going on. Tyler knew Loui, and he knew how many years I have waited for him. But what did he do? He was trying to make me fall harder for him knowing that his brother was the one I was waiting for.