Chapter 30

I Hate Peanuts

I knocked on the door to the room that was set on stage. I knocked again until Lucas opened the door, dressing like a prince.

I bowed down to him. "Good morning, Prince James."

"Morning," he responded coldly.

"I am here to coach you for your speech. May I come in?" I asked politely, after rolling my eyes at him. He just opened the door widely to his room and made me enter his study room. The crew made a really good fake-room for this. I was wandering my eyes and was truly fascinated, just as I should because it was written on the script.

Each environment set was stationed up above a huge wagon that had breaks so that they could just push it away for the next scene. I eyed the room. They put a huge queen-sized bed, had royal curtains, a cabinet, and this study room we were entering. It was so easy to act because my surroundings were practically similar to the ones I should be imagining.

Lucas sat down on one of the chairs and I sat in front of him. We started doing what was written on the script and to say the least, Lucas was a professional. He acted so naturally that I had also started acting natural, earning us tons of good compliments from Gwen.

When Lucas started scribbling on the piece of paper for his speech, I put my head on my palm, examining him.

Sometimes, I can't help but imagine if Tyler was still the leading man. I wouldn't get my eyes off of him during practice if he were the one to wear the prince's suit, I was sure. Prince James and Augustine liked to annoy and torture one another. And Tyler would be so good at annoying the hell out of me, we would be acting as if we were not acting for the play at all.

Lucas' eyes snapped up to me, and smirked secretly before going back to his character. "Well? Aren't you gonna coach me?"

"I am," I said, slumping back on my seat. "Write down your speech then I'll teach you how to properly write one."

Lucas rolled his eyes at me but complied.

"Okay, cut!" we heard Gwen shout. I turned to look at her to figure out why she cut us off.

"Let's end the scene for now because I have a huge announcement," she stated. Lucas offered me his hand and helped me come down the wagon. We both hopped of the platform as Gwen hoisted herself up.

"We have two weeks left for our practices, and Mr. Williams had already gotten the permission from the principal signed that we could use the auditorium for our practices starting tomorrow. So I'd like everyone to gather all the equipments or anything you can bring to transfer to the auditorium. Boys, bring the instruments and the wagons. Chop, chop."

I went over to get some of the instruments and all of us walked to the auditorium. I helped put the make-up and instruments back-stage and helped gather other things from the classroom.

I saw they dismantled the fake-room so that it could fit the door. When I made my way back to the auditorium, I saw Gwen making an announcement again.

"So, on Thursday next next week, the final week for us to prepare our play, I'd like to request everyone to stay in school until 9pm for the final rehearsals. We'll try the dresses, the make-up, and the pushing of wagons every now and then. Please be there, okay?" she said. All of us responded with "okay" and then she dismissed us for today's practice.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I sat down at our usual table with Gwen and Angelo.

"I am so nervous. The play is in two weeks!" Gwen squeaked, hiding her face. "I don't think it's perfect yet."