Chapter 35

Party Pooper

We directly came back to the resort to try out the other fun activities we could do. It was still early in the morning and we had enough time to check out the other rides.

When we handed the jet-skis back to the staff, we saw Adrian, Ashley and Lucas coming over. All of them were already in a beach attire, but they still looked tired as hell.

"I see you've already tried one ride for the day. Did you have breakfast already?" Ashley asked when we were nearing. We nodded our heads and followed them to where they were going.

Lucas walked next to me, and he was awfully quiet as he glared at the sand. "You okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" he snapped. I crunched my eyebrows at his response. Good thing the beach was loud, or I could have gotten really embarrassed there and hailed a taxi home.

"Look, if this was about this morning that we didn't wake you up-"

"Why do you need to wear a bikini in a hot place when we have rash-guards?"

I was taken aback at his unnecessary comment. Was that all this is about? Because I'm wearing a bikini? He was shirtless but I didn't bother commenting about it. I thought he was mad because we didn't bother inviting him to our little private beach.

I kept quiet and Gwen looped her arm on mine. "We'll try the zip-line course because I've been waiting to try it since yesterday."

Gwen was full of enthusiasm, clearly oblivious to the growing atmosphere between me and Lucas. But when we walked ahead of the group, Gwen gave me a knowing look and I sighed in relief.

"Thanks for saving me, babe," I said to her and she just shrugged.

"What kind of comment was that even?" she laughed. "Because you're wearing a bikini? Ugh, fuck that loser."

"I know right!" I agreed, whispering harshly.

The remaining day followed us riding the banana boat, riding the zipline, and just plainly splashing in the waters. Gwen, Angelo and I decided to free-dive again and when we were back, we were exhausted.

Lucas and I haven't spoken in the entire afternoon after that incident. He decided to hang out with Ashley and Adrian who were just sitting at the beach, sunbathing. The three of us couldn't help ourselves and gossip at how boring he was, and we would just shrug it off and then go swimming again.

I wanted to try and get to know Lucas better. Because I miss him. I miss Loui. But every time I would try to talk, Gwen would yank me to never do the first move. Since he was mad about something so unnecessary, I should leave him be.

I haven't seen his half-brother anywhere since this morning. I'm guessing he was catching up with his friends, including that blonde chick. Or maybe they were going out today to have a date. Whatever, I don't care.

It was almost 6 o'clock in the evening when we were setting up barbeque out in the front. Ashley was the one who organized it all. We were setting barbecue just beside the volleyball court. Since it was starting to get dark, the lights surrounded the court started to light up, and the dj on stage of the beach started to blast catchy music.