Girl meets world Part 1

1900 + words

(The word count will always be between 1500 and 2000 words)

(Third POV)

A young boy stands on the platform waiting for a train in the New York underground train station. As he waited for the train he checked his phone multiple times to make sure he hadn't missed it. He didn't want to be late on his first day to a new school.

The boy had dark brown hair that was fluffed up and curly but not curled, his dark brown eyes were like melted chocolate. His face was soft and young but slightly anxious as he was waiting for the train for his first day.

Getting fed up with the noise around him he pulled at the devices settled in his ears and removed them carefully and put them away letting out a soft sigh as the dulled noise left him in his own head.

Looking up at the loud screech that he could hear even over the dulled noise he saw that the train had pulled in. When the doors opened and the other people had made their way out of the train the young boy walked onto the train.

As he tried to keep his balance he noticed two girls standing just ahead of him one of them with dark brown hair and the other with bright blonde hair. They were both talking about something to each other that the boy couldn't distinguish from the sound soup around him.

It wasn't till they had both turned to face him that he knew they had been talking about someone behind him and thankfully not him. He turned just over his right shoulder to see a young man probably not much older than himself sitting there.

When the young man who was sitting felt like someone was looking at him he looked up and caught the eye of the boy who was holding onto the pole to keep himself stable.

The boys made eye contact and the blue eyed one smiled making the brown eyed boy turn right back around not being able to handle it. After a few moments of the boy trying to collect himself he looked back up to the girls only to see one of them falling back towards him.

As the girl fell back she landed right into the brown eyed boy and knocked him back into the lap of the brown haired boy. Once he landed here he saw that the boy he landed on was saying something but over the garbled noise of the train he couldn't hear him.

After getting his attention the brown eyed boy indicated to him that he couldn't hear him reaching into his pocket he found a small case that had two small beige ear pieces in it.

Once situated in his ears the boy moved off the others lap and said. "Sorry I'm hearing impaired what were you saying?"

"Oh I was just introducing myself, I'm Lucas." Lucas said with a kind smile that had the other boy going weak at the knees.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Gavin. You're not from around here are you?" Gavin said, picking up on the accent Lucas had.

"No I'm not what gave it away my accent or my dashing good looks?" Lucas said in a joking manner.

"Haha very funny but it was mostly the accent and the way you reacted to some random guy falling into your lap." Gavin said casually.

"What do you mean? It was an accident, and you would have hit your head had I not caught you." Lucas said, confused.

"Ya well were in New York most people would have gotten mad then screamed at me whether or not I could hear them." Gavin said fiddling with his hearing aids.

"Perhaps someone would like to give up their seat to someone older." a woman said, hoping that one of the boys would get up. Just as she said that Lucas went to do exactly that but the woman pushed him back down into the seat. "Not you sweet potato pie."