Girl Meets Sneak Attack Part 2

1000+ words

(Third POV)

"Hey what's up? Are there some seats with you guys?" Lucas asked the next day as he and Gavin walked into the cafeteria with their trays and over to the table that Farkle Maya and Riley were sitting at.

"Always room for you Buddy." Riley said with an uncomfortable smile making Gavin tilt his head. "I said 'Buddy' I'm not helping myself am I?"

"Well I was just thinking, if you and I are going to the movies together, I should find out what kind of snacks you like so I can buy some." Missy said as she grabbed Lucas' arm and went to grab Gavin's before he pulled away.

"Not a chance, I'm not going to the movies with you so there is no point in me sitting with you, but even if there was a reason I wouldn't sit with you I'd rather be here with my actual friends." Gavin said as he stood his ground or sat his ground.

After that Missy took Lucas over to another table and started to show off her legs making Gavin tilt his head again. "Ummm... is that normal?" he said, thoroughly confused.

"You're toast." Farkle said, leaning over the table to Riley.

"I know." Riley said solemnly.

"Are you saying she flirts better than you?" Maya says as she leans over to Farkle.

"Oh, nobody's better than Farkle." Farkle said. "I just don't think my young protege is ready for that monster."

"So what are you gonna do, genius." Maya said.

"I think I'll just steal her from Lucas myself." Farkle said confidently.

"You would do that for me?" Riley asked excitedly.

"Well I'm certainly not doing it for me toots." Farkle said as he leaned even further over the table. "She's evil. If I'm not back in two minutes, she ate me."

"How's my hair?" Farkle asked as he played around with his hair.

"Hasn't changed in 6 years." Maya said, swatting at his hand.

"She doesn't stand a chance." Farkle said before he got up and went over to Missy and tried flirting with her.

A few seconds later Farkle came back and sat down looking completely stunned, "It worked, I'm next."

After that Maya tried to convince Riley that she didn't have a shot against Missy, Riley just couldn't leave it at that and tried to talk Lucas out of going out with her.

However it did not work and Missy instead got herself into detention with Lucas for starting a food fight and taunting Riley that they have time alone together.

(Time skip)

"About what happened after the sneak attack." Mr. Mathews could be heard from inside his classroom after school hours.

"Hmm what's going on in here?" Gavin asked as he leaned over so just his head was visible in the doorway.

"Oh it's nothing, just detention." Lucas said, shocking Gavin.

"Oh um well my friends are here, Mr. Mathews do you mind If I join you all? I'm waiting for Farkle to walk home with me anyway." Gavin said as he stepped to the side so his whole body was in the doorway.

"Sure why not." Mr. Mathews said as he gestured to Gavin's usual seat in front of and to the right of Lucas.

"The world was at war, and alliances were forged in battle and were made stronger because of that." Mr. Mathews said before he was interrupted.

"Gavin!" Farkle called as he walked by the class only to stop and see the four of his friends in the room. "What is this place?"

"It's detention Farkle, it's not for you." Mr. Mathews said to the shorter boy.

"If my friends are in it, then it's for me." Farkle said as he took his seat behind Gavin.

"During this war the United States was put to one of its greatest tests, when it meant a threat to our way of life. But because we were united we prevailed." Mr. Mathews said as Gavin kept his head down in his notebook taking notes.

"Hey Gavin." Lucas said gently nudging the boy to get his attention in case he had turned down or off his hearing aids. "Missy invited me to see a movie with her." He continued once the boy looked up to his friend.

"I think they are aware of that, Lucas. No need to rub it in or make them feel worse." Missy said, leaning over to Lucas.

"And I was wondering if maybe you guys would like to come along with us?" Lucas said, making the others other than Gavin who didn't realize what he was doing, and shocking Missy.

"You want us there?" Riley asked as she turned around to the brunette.

"Uh, I'm sorry Lucas. That wasn't the invitation." Missy said as she laid a hand on Lucas' arm.

"Oh." Lucas said as he pushed Missy's hand off. "Well then, I'm sorry Missy, but I can't go." Lucas said as he kept eye contact with Gavin who was smiling at him for standing up for himself, not noticing that his friend was being spiteful.

"What are you talking about?" Missy asked, shocked. "Nobody's ever turned me down in my life."

"Well see these are my friends." Lucas said as he gestured to the others around them. "And I don't like doing anything without my friends."

"Now, I certainly appreciate you wanting me to take care of you during a scary movie." Gavin said, remembering what another student had told him and Farkle, grabbing the girl's attention. "But I have never even been to the movies and I have short hearing so I would be just as scared if not more than you in one of those."

"And besides back here in the seventh grade, I think we would have more fun just hanging out together." Lucas said, making Missy get upset and move to leave the classroom.

"You all need to grow up." she said bitterly before leaving.

"Not just yet." Gavin said as he looked over to his friends.

"Oh she's leaving, ok." Mr. Mathews said as he got up from his chair where he had been watching that whole interaction. "When peace time came, the United States enjoyed its greatest period of growth, prosperity, and happiness. Detention over."

⚫〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛⚫

Hey you guys I really hope your enjoying this book so far I definitely am and I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing another book that I've got in the works that's unrelated to this book. It would be a Monster High x OC much like this one where I place my own original character into the Monster High movies. just want to know what yall might think of that? :)