Girl meets world Part 2

1700+ Words

(Third POV)

Later at lunch Gavin walked into the cafeteria and walked over to get his food from the line. After he had it on his tray he looked around the small cafeteria and seeing that most if not all the chairs had been filled he decided to walk right back out.

"Gavin!" The boy in question turned around to see Lucas with Riley and Maya as he pulled a chair up beside him at the end of their table. "Ok, looks like I'm doing this then." Gavin thought to himself as he walked over.

"Can you excuse me for just one sec?" Riley asked, receiving a nod from both Lucas and Gavin before turning to Maya and squealing like most teenage girls do and forcing Gavin to cover his ears.

"How ya doing?" Mr. Mathews asked making Gavin jump almost right out of his seat not knowing he was there.

After a few deep breaths and Mr. Mathew soft hand on his shoulder Gavin turned back into the conversation as Riley responded to her father. "Dad, you have a choice here. You can either understand that this is just a boy talking to me in the cafeteria."

"I'm going to do whatever you say next." Mr. Mathews said with an excited but tense smile.

"But this is so innocent." Riley whined.

"Hunny fathers don't see anything as innocent." Mr. Mathews said leaning past Gavin and over Lucas' chest "they see it as... What's the opposite of innocent?"

"Right here!" Maya called from the other side of the table.

"You're not the only one." Gavin grumbled as he covered his mouth with his hand muffling the words so that no one understood what he had said or so he thought.

"Please don't embarrass me." Riley begged.

"I'm just going to talk to Mr. Frier about geography." Mr. Mathews said excitedly. "You know I've been to a lot of places, never been to Texas though. What part of Texas is closest to Mexico?"

"That would be El Paso sir." Lucas said calmly.

"Great, let's go right now. The three of us." Mr. Mathews said as he dragged both Lucas and Gavin away by their chairs.

"What? Why me? What did I do?" Gavin asked as he held onto his lunch tray that he hadn't eaten from yet, as Lucas just limply waved to the girls as they were both dragged out to the hall.

(Time skip)

It was the next day and Gavin and Lucas walked into the classroom softly chatting about nothing in particular. As they reached the door they slowed their conversion and dropped into their respective seats.

"Hi, I'm glad you're back." Riley said with a slightly too large smile that made Gavin uncomfortable.

"Hi me 2." Lucas said as he smiled a little awkwardly at her.

"Hi, you both have a better sense of direction than I anticipated." Mr. Mathews said as he crouched between the two boys and Riley, making the girl turn away in embarrassment.

"Again I ask what did I do?" Gavin asked as he leaned closer to Mr. Mathews hoped that the question would be answered.

Mr. Mathews turned to him and looked him over for a minute before saying, "You are a really good looking guy."

Gavin just leaned back in his seat and stared at the front of the classroom stunned and speechless making Lucas laugh at his facial expression.

"Okay, so today we are going to find out if anybody here believes in something so strongly, they'd fight for it." Mr. Mathews said as he walked up to the front of the classroom grabbing Gavin's attention again.