Girl Meets Boy Part 3

800+ Words

(Third POV)

As the 5 friends were leaving the library Gavin took out the paper he had been writing his song on and looked it over before throwing it into the garbage. What he hadn't seen was Farkle reaching into that garbage to pull it out and uncrumple it.

(Time skip)

The next day Gavin was sitting out by his locker drawing on a sketch pad when he saw a shadow be cast over his book. "Oh hey Farkle." Gavin said as he stood up to look at Farkle who was the same height as him.

"Hey I just wanted to ask you something before I do something in class." Fasrkle said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh! Uh sure what's up?" Gavin asked as he put his notebook away.

"Um I won't if you don't want me to but I wanted your permission to use this as part of my argument for the debate today." Farkle said as he held out the paper Gavin had within on last night but the boy didn't realize what it was so he took it and unfolded it.

"Oh," Gavin said when he figured out what it was. "Um, honestly I don't know how you plan to use it but if you find a way I say go for it." Gavin said as he handed back the paper and walked into the classroom as the bell rang.

In class Mr. Mathews was handing out everyone's phones in a rush which confused the heck out of Gavin. "Here you go, take your phone, take it now. Very good here's your phone. Good nobody talks to nobody, no more feeling. Thank you." he said as he headed out the phones making Gavin tilt his head at the teacher.

"Ok guys the great technology debate let's boot it up." Mr. Mathews said as the first of the groups stood up and presented their research.

After a few groups went it was time for Gavin and Lucas, and Maya Riley and Farkle. "I have always believed technology would help us fulfill our potential as a species." Farkle started as he held up his cellphone.

"But when Farkle does rule the world no matter what devices we come up with, we should also never forget what we can do with a pencil, a piece of paper and our minds." Farkle said as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out Gavins paper.

"I see stars you shine as bright as day, you could make diamonds dull, you are so beautiful. I've been keeping this in my back pocket where my phone used to be. I keep reading it. I'm fine." Farkle said as he read the words off the paper.

"Thanks farkle." Gavin said as he looked over to his friend.

"I used to think that everyone made friends because of their phones and that's why I didn't have any, because I didn't and still don't have a phone. But it turns out you can make some of the best friends without technology. And you don't need it to connect with them either." Gavin said.

"Allow us to demonstrate." Lucas said as he and Gavin turned to each other, Gavin having to look up and Lucas down to see each other due to their height difference.

"Hi."

"Hi."

(Time skip)

Back at the library Gavin was searching the shelves for some books when the books were shoved assigned a few shelves above his head. "I am not that tall." he said sarcastically before the books on the second shelf were moved "Really?" and finally the ones right in front of his face. "How ya doing."

"You will make sure to stay safe when you're alone." he said pointing at Gavin.

"I always do." Gavin said as he leaned his arms and head on the shelf.

"You can message me if anything happens. You can send me your location." Mr. Mathews said to the boy.

"You're really worried aren't you?" Gavin asked, tilting his head.

"Right now I'm not just your teacher, I'm an adult who wants to make sure that a young boy makes it to where he needs to safely." he said looking at Gavin pointedly.

"I understand Mr. Mathews, but you're forgetting I don't have the technology." Gavin said before a box was placed on the shelf in front of him. "Are-are you sirius?" Gavin said as he took the phone from the shelf.

"Well I also got you these." Mr. Mathews said as he pulled out two books and some colored pencils.

"Ok the sheet music book I understand but why colored pencils and a blank sketchbook." Gavin said as he took the items.

"Don't pretend like I haven't seen you drawing in my class and I could also see you were getting close to the end of the book you have been working in." Mr. Mathews said as he watched the smile grow on Gavin's face before he was engulfed in a hug.

"Thank you mr. Mathews, this is the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time." Gavin said before he ran off giggling excited about his new things.

Like I said, very short but I hope you liked the ending to this episode.

⚫〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛〘〙〚〛⚫