44 ; Actor

It was 9:45am and my manager and myself were waiting to be shown around the new apartment. It was only a viewing, and we could ask questions but it would only be after the viewing to ask the owner of the apartment whether we would be able to sign for it permanently. We were waiting for a man, called Park Jin-hyun. We was to be the repair man of all the apartments and so he was close to the owner.

"He's here." My manager whispered and I turned to the man who was walking down the corridor.

He was pretty young looking, and very tall. His footsteps echoed on the floor, really enhancing his dramatic entrance. He smiled as he stopped in front of us. He held out his hand and we awkwardly took it. It was very often someone asks for a handshake, it's more of a foreign thing. Also, more difficult to keep my balance so he apologised and just bowed to me.

"I'm sorry! I just came back from America, still trying to adjust!" He smiled politely and I assured him it was okay and that I had foreign friends. I lied. Mostly because Chan didn't count.

"So, how long has this apartment building been here?" My manager tried to shift the awkward atmosphere with an even more awkward question.

"I'm glad you asked! The building was finished in 2018, so some apartments havent had anyone living here permanently yet." He announced and I nodded along.

The man finally opened the door with a pair of keys he had. The door was slightly different to the old one I had, and I was tempted to ask about security measures for the door before he turned to us with the door open, and some of the corridor on display.

"The doors have keys, and not fingerprint security measures. He have building procedures, and are trying to get better personal security measures. It's been a battle since Covid to try and pay for such things all at once but your doors wont stay like this forever." He explained and I nodded.

I didn't mind the keys for the doors, I would be safe, but I just didn't feel totally comfortable with the knowledge that I had a stalker and there's nothing stopping another stalker from popping up. They could get my keys at one point and replicate it. I just felt more comfortable knowing my door would only open to me.

"Okay, let's head in." 

I limped behind my manager and Jin-Hyun, and I walked through the small corridor into the main sitting room area. The apartment already had furniture like sofas, and a TV, and curtains. Pretty much, the essentials, however I had the feeling I would just move a lot of the furniture I already owned.

"This is the sitting room area. We have the furniture you need so you know if it gets damaged while renting, you will have to pay for new furniture. However, if you have your own furniture then you wont need to." The man explained and then he explained it was the same for most of the things in the apartment.

"I have most of my own things. If I move them in, where do I put the owners things?" I asked the man and he smiled.

"We have a moving company tied to us, so if you want to move your own things in, we can easily take the owners things out." He replied professionally and I nodded.

The sitting room was small, in fact, the whole apartment was a lot smaller than I thought but I could picture where I would put everything and I could picture it being super cosy. Not only that, but the best part was having Chan over to help decorate and then we could be closer and always have sleepovers without having to wake up early to get to work.

"And this is the kitchen. It's pretty small, but I promise it fits everything you could possibly need. It has a washer, dryer, and lots of cupboard space. I encourage you to open things, look around."

He was right, it was pretty small. I could walk around with my manager but we had to careful of one another. I opened the fridge, and the cupboards and then I noticed a door. It opened to a small balcony. It was cute, and I could picture waking up here and going onto the small balcony with Chan.

"And what's the policy for broken machines?" My manager asked the man as I looked outside at the view. I was pretty high up so it was nice to over look the smaller buildings around.

"For broken dryers and washers, I'm your man. If its a serious repair you might need to pay a fee, but usually I just repair them for free and get paid from the owner." He said and I thought it was quite good.

He led us to the bedroom next, and it was bigger than the other rooms and I was happy with the size. It had a connecting bathroom which was quite big in size too and I could totally picture Chan in here. 

"There only one thing in this room that needs fixing. The window doesnt open the whole way, so we're waiting for some materials I need to fix it but even then, I should be finished by the time you might want to move in." He explained and I nodded. I didn't care about the window thing. I wouldn't have them open the whole way anyway.

"Thank you for showing us around Jin-Hyun ssi." I thanked him and he bowed kindly.

"Of course! If you have any questions I would be happy to help!" He replied as we walked back into the corridor. I noticed a door into the wall and slowly opened it. It was just a cupboard which would hang coats and place your shoes in. It was cute and I really liked it. We paused byt the door and he locked the apartment back up.

"So, do we get in touch with the owner again if we wish to rent it?" My manager asked and Jin-Hyun nodded.

"Yes! Please email him and let him know you want the apartment you viewed." He smiled, "He should send you a physical copy of the contract and you read through them and signed for it. All you need to know is in the contract."

"Okay, great. thank you." My manager smiled and nodded. 

We eventually parted from the repairman, who had the job of showing us around, and we went down the elevator into the car park. I texted Chan as soon as I sat down in the passenger side.

Rain-ah: I viewed the apartment! It's a lot smaller than I was expecting but it's very cute. I can picture us having many sleepovers once I decorate it.

I only had to wait 5 minutes till Chan managed to reply.

Channie: Ah, that's brilliant! I knew it was going to be smaller, but I hope its cosy and to your standard. I would love keeping you close by. I'm looking forward to all the sleepovers.

I smiled at his reply. It made me so excited for the future, even though I know it wouldn't always been as bright as I see it to be. I emailed the man I had been emailing for a viewing of the apartment, and I let him know I wanted to move in as soon as possible. I slipped in that I was recovering from an injury and needed a place in hopes to convince him to allow me to move in quickly.

By the end of the night, I received a reply saying the quickest I could move in would be in 2 weeks time as long as I sign the contract and contact him about any information I needed. He said he was used to people needing to move in quickly and had a contract with condensed a lot of information. I spent the night reading through the contract, and asking my manager for advice.

Eventually, it was signed and I had also signed and paid a little amount for the moving company stated that I didn't need any of the owners furniture etc. I was excited to pack up, and to move into the small apartment. I was excited to start this new chapter, and actually calm down my conscience and be able to go outside again without fear. 

I was the most excited for the sleepovers though.