chapter five

As the soft morning light filtered through the curtains casting a gentle glow across the room the next day

As the soft morning light filtered through the curtains casting a gentle glow across the room the next day. The young girl stirred in bed, the events of the previous night replaying in her mind like a confusing montage.

She couldn't shake off the memory of Stefan's hand healing miraculously fast after it had been cut while he tried to break up the fight between Jeremy and Tyler. She vividly recalled the glint of the broken bottle, the area of blood, and then, inexplicably, the wound vanishing. It didn't make any sense, and it unsettled her more than she cared to admit.

Her thoughts then drifted to Tanner's murder. It felt surreal, almost eerie. How could someone have been killed in their small town, especially during a school event attended by students and teachers? The very idea sent shivers down her spine, raising unspoken questions about the safety of everyone she knew.

But amidst the confusion and fear, Bonnie's cryptic prediction echoed in her mind. '8-14-22.' Aurora couldn't figure out how on earth her best friend had predicted those numbers that practically linked to the that night. Bonnie had always said that her grandmother, Shelia had told her that she was a witch over the years, but Aurora always just thought it was just stories that Shelia told the girl to keep her on her toes and aware of her surroundings. She didn't think it could actually be true, but with everything happening with the strange atmosphere lingering around the Salvatore's and the death count rising her mind was considering every possibility and it was terrifying her.

With a heavy sigh, Aurora threw off her blankets and swung her legs over the side of the bed. The Founder's Party loomed ahead, Aurora definitely didn't feel like attending a party. But she knew that the heritage project that was being featured at it was very important to her aunt before she passed away, and Aurora couldn't ignore the weight of that responsibility. She knew she had to support Elena and Jeremy, especially after the chaos of last night.

Despite her reluctance, Aurora knew she had to put on a brave face and attend the event. It wasn't just about heritage; it was about honoring her aunt's wishes. She couldn't let the unsettling events deter her from doing what she believed was right.

Rising from the bed, Aurora straightened her shoulders, steeling herself for the day ahead. She may have felt rattled and uncertain, but she was determined to be there for her friends and family, even if the mysteries of the night before still lingered.

Minutes later, Aurora who was now fully dressed in casual clothes now, descends down the stairs and enters the kitchen, overhearing her mom engaged in a conversation with Elena.
"Scum ball. Scum bucket." Jenna muttered causing Aurora to question intrigued.
"Who are you talking to?" Aurora wondered causing Jenna, startled to glance over at her daughter surprised by her appearance.
"Him, Logan "Scum" Fell." Jenna responded dryly gesturing toward the TV where Logan's face was plastered on causing Aurora to roll her eyes annoyed at the glimpse of him as she poured herself a coffee.

"The news guy?" Elena questioned
"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna asked emphatically
"Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena commented surprised.
"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him." Jenna replied firmly
"Cute enough to leave your daughter with her Aunt and Uncle for." Aurora stated in a sarcastic tone causing Jenna shoots Aurora a pointed look, a silent signal for her to drop the subject.