Chapter twelve

Days had passed since the heated argument between Aurora and Elena

Days had passed since the heated argument between Aurora and Elena. The tension lingered in the air, and although casual conversations within the house still occurred, the two friends hadn't engaged in any meaningful dialogue. Stefan kept Aurora updated on the ongoing supernatural events, but Aurora had shifted her focus elsewhere – she delved into the mysteries of her own family origins. 

Her research first began with her father, Chase Argent. Hours upon hours were spent scouring books, online databases, and any available resources. Eventually, she discovered a revelation that left her stunned – Chase Argent came from a historical line of famous supernatural hunters. The name 'Argent' derived from Latin argentum, meaning "silver" or "white metal," which was historically used against werewolves. Aurora discovered that Chase had been declared an 'abomination' and banished from the family line because his mother, Eileen (Aurora's grandmother), had an affair with a werewolf from one of the packs they were hunting. 

The realization hit Aurora like a whirlwind. First vampires and witches were real, and now werewolves? What else lurked in the shadows of the supernatural world? 

Without a second thought, Aurora picked up her phone and dialed Damon's number, anxiously waiting as it rang. After a few moments, he answered, and she quickly got to the point.

"Damon, can we meet at your place? I've discovered something about my father, and I need to talk to you about it. It's important." Aurora informed the boy causing Damon to immediately agree and after a short drive to the Salvatore house Aurora soon found herself sitting on Damon's couch, watching him pour drinks for both of them. 

Aurora took a deep breath before starting, "I have a question for you, and it might seem very weird, but you're the only person, besides Stefan, who might know the answer about this, and—"
Damon cut her off, handing her a drink and sitting down next to her. "What's going on, Rory?" Damon inquired curiously as Aurora took a sip before setting down her drink and reaching in her bag, pulling out a book and opening it flipping it open to a marked page and showing Damon.
"'Argent?' That was your father's last name?" Damon asked surprised.
"Yeah, do you know them?" Aurora confirmed questioning the boy.
"I know of them. Katherine told me about them once. They are one of the best families of hunters that I know of. It makes sense now how your fighting ability seems so... natural. It's in your blood." Damon recalled making Aurora nod.

 "Apparently, that's not the only gene flooding through my veins." Aurora added on causing Damon to furrow his eyebrows curiously as Aurora read him a passage about her father—the first known werewolf in the bloodline.
"Werewolves? But that doesn't make sense. They've been practically extinct for a long time. I haven't heard of any sightings in years." Damon informed the girl causing Aurora to explain the story of her grandmother Eileen falling in love with a werewolf and giving birth to her father. He never activated his curse, but based on werewolf history, that meant Aurora had the gene.
"How do you activate the curse?" Damon questioned making Aurora pause hesitantly before swallowing nervously before glancing up at Damon.
"You have to take a human life. But there's another thing, Damon." Aurora told the boy resulting in Damon to look at her curiously.