chapter thirteen

After the Founder's day parade Aurora decided to take a stroll through the town square at night to clear her head where she ended up running into Damon and the two agreed to join each other and they continue their way until Anna ended up interrupt...

After the Founder's day parade Aurora decided to take a stroll through the town square at night to clear her head where she ended up running into Damon and the two agreed to join each other and they continue their way until Anna ended up interrupting their conversation.

"You're still around?" Damon stated surprised.
"There's something you both need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight." Anna informed the two causing them to exchange a look before looking back at the girl.
"How do you know this?" Aurora wondered skeptically.
"I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." Anna responded making Aurora swallow nervously.

"When is this supposed to happen?" Damon inquired.
"When the firework start." Anna replied.
"John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them." Damon updated the girl
"Then we can't be here!" Anna exasperated
"It doesn't work, it's been deactivated." Damon informed the girl.

"Well, then a lot of people are gonna die." Anna confessed
"Where are they right now?" Aurora asked curiously.
"They're already here," Anna concluded causing goosebumps to spread across Aurora's arms as she nervously looked at Damon.

The two ended up hunting down Alaric, to ask him for some of his weapons to defend themselves.
"Ric!" Damon called out as the two approached the man.
"Yeah?" Alaric hummed out
"You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?" Damon asked curiously
"Yeah, why do you ask?" Alaric inquired
"Because this square is crawling with tomb vampires." Aurora informed the man "So we might need a stake or two."
"Yeah, got it." Alaric nodded.

Damon and Stefan ended up deciding that Aurora and Elena needed to get home and as they were leaving an obnoxious noise filled Aurora's head causing her to collapse in pain. Everything was blurry as she piercing noise echoed through her head but through the blurriness she noticed Stefan fall down next to her.
"Stefan, Rory? What's going on? What's happening?" Elena asked worried
"My head!" Aurora groaned in pain.
"What?" Elena questioned
"My head!" Aurora repeated as Stefan hissed in pain alongside her.

"I don't know what happened, they just dropped." Elena stated causing Aurora to glance up through the blurriness to see Alaric as he crouched down next to her.
"Yeah, they're not the only one. The cops have gotten everyone who's gone down, injecting them with vervain." Alaric informed the girl
"What?" Elena exasperated shocked before looking at Stefan.
"They're rounding up the vampires." Elena realized "But Rory isn't a vampire, that doesn't make sense, why would she go down?"

"Rory, Rory. Can you hear me?" Alaric questioned trying to grab the girls attention but Aurora couldn't respond as the pain was so influencing. But after a few minutes, the sound went away. In minutes, Aurora and Stefan regathered themselves.
"Are you okay?" Elena asked concerned.
"It was like needles were piercing my skull and it just stopped." Stefan confessed.

"If the device is supposed to effect vampires... why did it effect Rory? She's not supernatural." Elena questioned confused looking over at the girl that glanced back at them.
"There's something you guys should know.. But it can wait, we need to figure this out first." Aurora confessed causing Stefan and Elena to grow confused, but shortly after Alaric came back changing the subject.