CHAPTER SIX

6

All my children

Mystic falls, 2010.

At the request of Kol, Klaus had decided to join his little brother for a drink at the Mystic grill, even when right now he hated him more than usual. He seemed to be a constant reminder of Lilith, and Rebekah at the moment seemed to support him because she knew it made him suffer. Both of his sibling were at the moment tormenting him about Lilith when not so long ago it was Rebekah who told him it was time to move on. So right now he would drink the whole bar if it was necessary and maybe in the process he would get Kol to shut up for a moment.

"I remember her from last night," said Kol pointing to Caroline who just walked into the bar, "she looks like a tasty little thing," he smirked and Klaus gave him a half smile, "you know I always wanted to sink my teeth in a Lilith lookalike too."

"Say another word and I'll tear out your liver," Kol laughed at his brother's threat as Caroline walked closer to the pair.

"Caroline, join us for a drink?," Klaus asked once she was in front of them.

"I'd rather die of thirst, but thanks," Kol sniggered next to Klaus as they saw Caroline walk away.

"Isn't she stunning?"

"Do not make me tell you what I really believe," at his answer Klaus decided to follow Caroline and leave his brother at the bar by himself. Klaus needed to find a way to let Caroline see his true self.

"Caroline," Klaus followed her across the street.

"Are you serious? Take a hint," said Caroline pretending to be annoyed that the hybrid followed her.

"Don't be angry love, we had a little spat," he talked about last night and how they both reacted, "I'm over it already," he gave her a big flirty smile.

"Oh, well, i'm not," She wasn't Lilith, Lilibeth would have laughed about it and then throw herself on his arms, yes Lilibeth loved to fight him, but he knew she loved him even more.

"How can I acquit myself?," he tried to find a way to keep her entertained, a way to made her shine around him.

"You," she started, "and your expensive jewelry," Klaus smiled, "and your romantic drawings can leave me alone," he let out a sigh.

"Take a chance Caroline, talk to me," it always worked with his Lilibeth, "come on, get to know me," maybe he did got close to Caroline because she was one of Elena's loved ones, and then because he found in Caroline similarities with Lilibeth, similarities than ran deeper than mere looks, but maybe it was finally time to get over Lilith. Over the years Klaus had many lovers but never in all those years did he found someone he truly loved. Ever since breaking his curse Lilith was more present on his mind than ever, he hadn't thought this much of her since Copenhagen, where as he hanged a canvas of her- he swore to move on. Klaus tried but it was hard, he had to remind himself that she was never coming back, "I dare you."

"Fine," Klaus smiled, "So what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about you," he needed to find the ways which Caroline differentiate from Lilith, he needed to get to know Caroline, "your hopes, your dreams," she smiled at him, "everything you want in life."

"Just to be clear I'm too smart to be seduced by you," Klaus smiled widely, maybe they were more alike than what he believed in the first place.

"Well, that's why I like you," and he did in fact liked Caroline a lot more than he currently had realize he did. They talked for a while about Caroline, she was definitely a ray of sunshine, she was brave, stubborn, vain, beautiful, and had courage, all traits Klaus truly admired.

Klaus was loving his time alone with Caroline, he loved that he now had the chance to get to know her, until he felt something deep in his chest. There was no pain but it was like a part of him went to sleep, it didn't feel right and it couldn't be a coincidence that Caroline seemed to be comfortably talking to him.

"What did you do?," he asked and saw very visible how Caroline started getting nervous.

"Nothing."

"What did you do?," Klaus started shaking Caroline by her shoulders demanding an answer.

"I didn't do anything. Stop it." She stabbed him in the back, she was just trying to stall him. Lilibeth would never.

"Kol."

                  His mother, always revealing her true intentions and now planning to kill them all, typical Esther, an hypocritical woman who now regretted all her makings, she made them this and now she wanted to kill them all.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago," Esther said inside of the pentagram.

"Enough. All this talk is boring me," Klaus said seemingly not caring about it, "End this now mother or I'll send you back to hell," he smiled.

"For a thousand years I've been forced to watch you," Esther had tears on her eyes, "Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood," she seemed to actually be in pain, "even you Elijah, with you claim of nobility, you're not better."

"All of you, you are a curse on this earth, I am glad even in death I was able to do something about it."

"What are you talking about?" Kol asked, clearly curious.

"Do not let yourself be fooled Kol," Elijah said, "she's just wasting our time."

"Am I?"

"If you have something to say mother, say it now," Klaus was getting impatient and had no time for Esther if it wasn't to kill her.

"Lilibeth's death was just the beginning, now I am here to finish it," no one was expecting that.

"Lilith's not dead," Kol said, still having a bit of hope that she was just hiding, keeping away from Klaus, but not dead.

"No. Sisters do not abandon me," All of the sudden the flames from the pentagram doubled its size and very swiftly Finn took Esther and they disappeared in the dark of the night.

Klaus was too shocked to say anything or to even move. He wasn't too sure if the shock he was feeling was because maybe deep inside he felt relieved that he finally knew what had happened to Lilibeth, she was killed, Esther killed her or at least she was responsible for her death. All those years wondering if she stopped loving him and that was the reason she left them, him, and now he finally knew the truth, his Lilibeth was dead and Esther was responsible for it.