CHAPTER FIFTEEN

15

The first moon

Mystic Falls, 997AD.

                        It was tonight, tonight was Lilibeth's first full moon since she killed Agnes. Tonight lilibeth would shift under the moon for the first time. She could feel it on her insides, something had changed the moment she killed Agnes. Everyone in her family was overjoyed she was finally able to shift, but for Lilibeth it was bittersweet, becoming a wolf was everything she had always wanted and now that she had it she couldn't stop thinking about Agnes.

                      Her insides felt different, it was her wolf getting ready to come out. She knew that. As time passed and passed, she started getting excited, nightfall was near and the full moon even nearer, she could feel it on her insides. It wanted to come out.

"We are going to howl all together under the moon for the first time," Her grandma said in the middle of their cot, everyone smiled.

"Tonight we are one," her mother said.

"It is your first full moon Lilibeth," her father said, "I know it's hard," Lilibeth nodded, "for me it was," her father smiled lightly, "my first kill was also my best friend," her grandma took her fathers hand into her own, "it's difficult, but time helps, and now we honor them by being our true selves," everyone nodded, they all had to kill to shift, and now being their true selves was everything they could do.

"Don't be scared Lilibeth," said Frida as they were walking into the woods, "it just hurts a little and then it's the best feeling in the world."

"Yes," Agatha said, it was weird when both of her sisters agreed to something, "and it doesn't even hurt that much, it's just like breaking every bone in your body again and again," she laughed, "but it's just for a little while," Agatha smiled at her.

"Don't listen to them," Fenrir said, "of course it doesn't hurt just a little, it hurts a lot," Lilibeth breathed out, "but then it's the best feeling in the world," all her siblings seemed to agree to the last part.

"He's right," Frida said, "it will hurt, just try and focus on the moon instead of the pain," Lilibeth nodded.

"If you focus on the moon,"Agatha started, "you won't feel the pain, to me it feels like the moon is the one giving you strength," Frida nodded agreeing with Agatha.

"And if the pain gets too bad, just scream as loud as you can, that's what I do when the moon thing doesn't work," said Fenrir, Lilibeth nodded, "then I eat a squirrel or two," they all laughed.