CHAPTER THIRTEEN

13

Before it all started

Mystic Falls, 995AD.

Lilibeth lived with her family, their village was blessed, a certain gene ran through their veins, one that made them stronger, faster, agile in every way. They were werewolves, shifting every full moon into wolves, the moonlight gave them power that they could not posses any other way. Lilibeth loved the life in her village, it was everything and more, nothing would make her want to leave this way of life.

It was the morning after a full moon, and twelve year old Lilibeth knew what she had to do, she woke up before the sun had rise, then woke up her little brother, Fenrir, and started getting ready. Lilibeth and Fenrir were the only members of their family that hadn't awaken, yet, their wolf gene, so it was their task to look for their family the morning after a full moon and bring them clothes, but also to have food ready for when they finally retuned.

"Fenrir," Lilibeth exaggerated, "keep moving the pot, we do not want to give them burned food like last moon," Fenrir groaned in return.

"I know what I am doing Lilibeth," eleven year old Fenrir claimed, Lilibeth laughed.

"If you knew what you were doing," she started, "you wouldn't burn the food every moon," Fenrir groaned again.

They left their home with bags full of clothes for their grandma, mother, father, and two sisters, the food was ready and warm, ready to be eaten, they just needed to return with their family.

Lilibeth and Fenrir walked into the woods and saw many families from their village doing something similar to them. The wolves family's were always very tight knit, they supported their own and looked after everyone they considered to be family or pack.

In Lilibeth's village there was only one pack, led by a man called Ansel, Lilibeth always wished for her mother to be their alpha, but Sigrid wouldn't challenge the man. Sometimes the lines between pack and family blurred with the wolves, they took care of their own, and to them everyone with the gene was their own.

Lilibeth and Fenrir walked in the woods looking for their family, her grandma always said you find one of us the others are not so far behind, her grandma said that even in wolf form we run together. They walked through the woods seeing their neighbors waking from their moon night, as her sister Frida liked to call it.