Chapter 3

Wake Up Protocol

-The next day-

POV- Y/N

Waking up the next day was a breeze, I shot up from my bed wearing my black shorts and a cyan t-shirt crawling my way off, I dashed to the living room. Looking over to the couch finding her... she slept peacefully, her visor simulates a sleeping expression I thought to myself "cute..." her tail glided back and forth subtlety, her leg dangled off the side swaying, the breathing is at a slow rhythmic pace, rising and falling until I notice her boobs lightly shifting in pace with every passing breath nicely. Realizing that I was staring my eyes shifted away a little embarrassed, but wanting to keep an eye on her I looked back finding her face inches away from mine staring back at me, her visor projecting question marks as she quizzically asked "Who are you?"

Startling me I took a few steps back bracing myself against the adjacent wall as she hopped off the couch beginning to circle me inspecting me, now that she's standing up she's much smaller than I expected, I'm at least 1.5ft taller than her. I explained, "I'm Y/N and your in my house, I saved you from your ship that crashed in the ballpark across the street..." thinking to myself "I should probably not mention that she might have crashed because of me..." I then questioned her "Who are you?" as she stopped, and stood in front of me proclaiming, "Eva-8 Wattson, but call me Eva..." thinking to myself "Eva-8... that's a strange name..." her gaze began trailing off looking around my apartment she asked "so... where are we?" I explained, "in my apartment"

Eva walked around the house checking everything out as I followed behind her as we continued to talk, Eva asked "so... what do you do?" I responded, "I work at a call center" Eva walked into my kitchen and opened the bottom cabinets remarking, "Man sounds boring..." I sighed exhausted rubbing the back of my neck I declare, "Yeah...Tell me about it..." Eva stands up and reaches for a cabinet above, unable to reach causing me to walk over opening it for her, she inspected the interior and she apologized, "s-sorry for my height literally can't help it..." she chuckled softly while she walked over to the bathroom I asked, "so you're a protogen right?" she turned back responding perplexed, "Yeah? What do you want to know?" she turned back entering into the bathroom. Following behind her leaning against the doorframe, I crossing my arms asking, "So who is your owner? Do you even have an owner?" as she opened the cabinet below the sink inspecting the bottom she responded, "Uhh, would I count as an owner in this scenario?" I shrugged commenting, "I dont know?" Eva got up reaching over the sink having a little trouble reaching the medicine cabinet above, but getting there in the end I asked "what are you doing exactly?" she closed the cabinet and explained "just looking around~"

Heading my way I moved aside to let her through. She walked over to my room sending me into a panic. I Declared, "Hey, my room isn't exactly cleaned, and she went in..." following behind her the light from outside just accentuated how messy my room actually was, I apologized asserting, "Sorry I don't usually have time to clean up I only clean up every Sunday..." she reached down picking up a nasa space themed hoodie off the ground as she exclaimed "its no problem really... im not exactly tidey either, but I can help~" she turned around and gave me a warm smile it felt nice, until my stomach growled louder then before "Hungry!" Eva tilted her head asking, "you haven't eaten yet?" I sighed explaining, "well I don't have any food here... and The powers out almost forgot about that... I have to go grocery shopping at some point." She exclaimed "What's wrong with the power?" I explained "well I'm assuming it's because the fuse box kinda blew up... I don't know when they're gonna fix it. I don't think any time soon however..." her ears perked up as she exclaimed "I think I can fix it!" I chuckled and explained "well you dont have to" she explained "well you saved me I might as well give you a hand for what you did for me." she placed my hoodie atop my bed as she asked "where should I start!" sighing I placed a hand on my head thinking to myself "I dont think shes gonna drop this..." looking over to her she waggs her tail while looking up at me in anticipation.

Giving up I proclaim exacerbated "Fine right this way..." as I walk out to my living room grabbing my coat looking back at Eva noticing the kit around her waist. I asked "what is that anyway?" Pointing towards it, she looked down towards me and explaining "Oh it just holds my stuff! It's called a Jump kit! By the way!" as she gave me a wink I Shrugging it off. Walking over to the door opening it up the cool wind blew its way inside, feeling the cold seep its way past causing me to shiver slightly. we walked out as I asked "are you not cold?" she shook her head following behind me she explained "nope! not really" I closed the door behind her, locking it we walked to the stairs while she followed closely behind me. Heading upstairs reaching the roof the snow fell lightly as I directed her to the fuse box to our right explaining "you see, it literally blew itself up..." looking back I noticed her staring up at the sky, her face expressing a sense of wonder. I asked a little concerned "Hey... you alright there?" she responded seemingly lost in thought "I've never seen... snow before..." walking over I stood beside her looking at the snow fall. It felt peaceful my worries slowly began to fade in this brief moment I relaxed, letting the snow fall onto my face, letting the  wind flow across me. Until I looked over to Eva my feelings remained, she proclaimed seemingly lost for words "it's beautiful isn't it?" my gaze still fixated on her I softly replied "Yeah... it is isn't it?" Realizing what I said I peered away, Coughing to break the silence while snapping Eva out of it. She abruptly proclaims "Oh yeah the reason why we came up here s-sorry, Won't happen again..." as she walked over to the fuse box I watched her walk past me, her paws making little paw prints in the snow.

I asked following behind her "so you've really never seen snow before?" she seemingly got shy explaining, "well I haven't been outside much and all this is extremely new to me..." Pondering to myself "I want to ask how, and why she's never seen it before... but I feel as if she's trying not to think about if for a reason" best to leave it be for the time being..." Eva bent down pulling off the Fuse boxes panel revealing a scorched interior she began to pull out wires and fuses trying her best to repair it, though it seems as if shes having trouble I asked "don't you need replacement parts and tools as I see her pull out a screwdriver out of the jump kit behind her as the fuse box seems to be in complete repair the fuse still looked to be burnt out. Before I could comment, a bright white light enveloped the fuse restoring it. Both of us stared at it in astonishment. I asked a little panicked "how in the hell?!" she remarked a little worried "I uh don't exactly know how I did that to be honest..." I looked over and proclaimed "well you did that last night you healed yourself like magic!" Eva placed the fuse back into its box and turned the power on. It ran flawlessly.

Eva looked down at her hands as I took a step back away from her. She clasped her hands together as she looked up to me proclaiming "I don't know what happened to me... but I'll tell you where I came from and go from there... is that okay?" We stood in silence, her gaze drifted, as her ears drooped, she quietly mentioned "Or well, I can just go now... I don't want to intrude i'm sor-" I cut her off interjecting, "your not intruding... hell this is the most exciting my life has been in a long while..." she gave me a nice smile as I noticed her tail began to sway. I asked "well how about I order us some food and we can just talk?" she nodded and Proclaimed "that sounds like a good idea." walking back to the stairwell I opened the door for her bowing, I asked "shall we?" as she headed down proclaiming "thank you~" as she walked down I looked back up to the sky whispering to myself "finally a change..." turning back I followed behind her.

When we got back to the apartment she walked in first shaking slightly causing the snow to fall beside her as I closed the door behind us. Taking my coat off I looked over to her as she sat on the couch with the Jumpkit placed atop the kitchen counter and legs crossed as she watched me intently. I draped my coat over the recliner and chuckled asking "whats up?" she seemingly got flustered pulling her gaze off me she explained "Oh! Sorry I was just waiting to see if your ready for me to start my story..." I took a seat beside her pulling out my phone I retorted "well just one moment let's order something first, what do you want?" she shrugged explaining "I didn't know you could order food." looking over to her in disbelief I proclaim "were gonna get some chinese you'll love it!" placing the order Eva looked over to my phone watching curiously. Once I was done I turned my phone off and placed it in my pocket looking towards her proclaiming "Okay ready!" she cutely scratches the side of her visor nervously as she begins to explain "well it all started when..."