Chapter 4

Passing Through

-Flashback to unknown amount of time ago-

POV- Eva

I darted awake pushing myself up, the room waking up in a clean looked like a surgery room and a large tube with blue liquid beside me I noticed a human girl with black hair and a brown skin tone wearing a hospital gown and a visor on her head on a bed next to me, hopping off to my feet the cold ground, looking down I realized that I was completely naked and covered in a blue fluid, before I search the room for some clothes I check on the girl who laid next to me. a tablet was beside her showing her vitals which depicted that she's flat lined. I was scared and didn't know what to do but, to back away from her trying to remember what happened before, but I drew a blank. I couldn't remember anything. beginning to panic, falling to the ground. I attempted to remember anything but it proved Futile.

Getting up I checked the girls body though she had nothing I checked the ipad realinzing that I used to be the girl that my name was Willa Wattson and I was to be transferred to the new body called Eva-8. The reason was because I had stage 4 Bone cancer. The thought crushed my heart but with further investigation I found out that had a brother whose name was Wild Wattson that he was scheduled to be transferred to a Protogen body called Cyade-6 the reason why he was shot and is now in critical condition. The thought of my only other family member dying before I could even meet them filled me with dread. I searched for his room attempting to see if he's okay finding out that his room was beside mine. I took the gown off of my former body and put it on, walking out the room.

Once I left the operation room I entered what looked to be a facility, people who looked like researchers and doctors screamed and ran to the left of the hall. I began to run to his room to my right crashing into someone in the hall causing the both of us to fall to the ground. I rubbed my head in pain until I yelled at whomever got in my way "Hey watch it!" looking you at him it was a young man wore a grown similar to mine just a much taller than me with black hair and a brown skin tone, he seemed really familiar, but before I could question him he got up and ran down the hall looking back watching him run he ran past the room I woke up in causing me to think to myself "if it was my brother he probably would have went to check on me... right? My brother is in critical condition and the guy looks just fine... It can't be him right?" looking towards Wilds room exclaiming "only one way to find out..." walking over to his door dread creeped down my spine.

The dread I was feeling was not my own, looking further down the hall I saw shadows crawl its way towards me people ran from it but something dragged them back in. its red eyes glared towards me as I heard in my head a dark and twisted voice "oh? Another one with... that..." the shadows speed up quickly consuming the hall. I rushed inside, locking the door, holding it shut until I noticed a large fridge to collect blood samples beside the door. Without a second thought I attempted to push it to block the door, but when I did it easily fell over blocking the door. I inspected my hands realizing that I was stronger than I thought, until a cloud crash barreled at the door snapping me back to the present, looking over I saw the body my brother was supposed to inhabit. I whispered aloud "Wild?" rushing over the Cyade-6 protogen it was offline and looked nearly identical to me, just larger and blue instead of orange lights.

I shook the lifeless body screaming out "Wild? Wild! Wake up we've got to go!" looking over to the empty table dry blood atop the table as fresh blood pools on the floor to the door along the floor I sigh to myself remarking "please don't tell me that I literally bumped into my past..." until the bashing at the door gets louder and shadows creep their way under the door I stepped back cornered in this operation room. I thought that I was gonna die, but I found a small vent on the floor pulling off the vent panel bending the metal I climbed my way inside crawling away. I spent a long time in those vents like months crawling around too afraid to leave. Eventually the commotion outside stopped.

Crawling out the vent the facility was destroyed and ruined beyond repair. there weren't even bodys on the ground, it seemed that all life ceased to be not even animal life. I spent years alone on that planet I scoured the globe and yet I encountered no life even bugs almost as if what ever happened at the facility happened everywhere all at once. Soon enough I gave up looking for my brother on my world and so heading back to facility I began my research. I spent a long time learning space travel and this may sound ridiculous but deep down I felt as if I could find a way to travel to other universes.

-back to the present-

Y/N interrupts my story with chinese food in his mouth pointing the end of his fork towards me he asks "wait wait wait! Are you saying you travel between universes to get her? Your from the multiverse?" I explain "well yes look this is how it works roughly with the knowledge I have, each universe is a bubble and when a different choice occurs it splits off like mitosis-" he interrupts me again after swallowing "what about free will, and what about you?" I explain "well you still have free will, like I said it splits off like mitosis so it just makes a copy of you and the different choice you could have made and since it does this every millisecond I don't really know. And about me... I don't think the multiverse could create another version of me for some reason I don't know why..." he asks, taking a soda in his hand "what about this universe would there be any side effects for you being here?" I gulp proclaiming "I don't really know, but from my understanding I dont think this universe will be able to split ever again, I think my meer presents prevents the multiverse from splitting and I believe this effect will last until im long gone... after all I think it would split one last time before I arrived and now that i'm here the multiverse can't create a copy of someone in the wrong universe so it merely lets this one run its course..." looking over to Y/N he seems to be lost in thought until he proclaims "before you arrived I was about to be struck by lightning but your ship saved me... does that mean..."

He looks at me with a horrified look in his eyes I placed a hand on his leg and explained in a reassuring tone "Im sorry... but I think a version of you most likely did hit by lightning..." he sighed and thanked me, chuckling off the horrible thought as he proclaimed "Ha Ha... then I want to thank you one behalf of every version left of me!" as he raised his soda in the air I tilted my head asking "What are you doing?" he chuckled and explained "im toasting to you for saving me! Oh yeah you don't drink do you? Being part robot and all..." I giggled explaining "nope! I can eat and drink im 80% biological." I proceeded to open my mouth showing the glowing orange interior and my long tongue having a slit at the end of it. I snap my mouth shut as Y/N looks at me in awe as I get a little embarrassed from his attention. He then apologized stating "sorry asking so many questions and for interrupting your story keep going!" as he stuffed more chinese into his mouth as I continued my story.

-Recounting back to my origins-

I spent a long time alone within the facility working on a ship with the capability to travel between worlds and universes alike, my goal to find my brother "Wild" after my ship was built after countless trial and error I loaded up on canned foods and any good food that was left from my world and thus began traveling, launching myself into the multiverse without a second thought using matter and antimatter to create a wormhole, but unfortunately that's where my story ends. I didn't travel to different worlds, I didn't get the chance to meet anyone I just got myself stuck, at the speed I was going I couldn't slow down or exit the aircraft. I built it to absorb energy to use as fuel so I would never run out in the multiverse, but all the ship did was constantly absorb energy and kept moving faster. All I could do was wait until I hit something...

- Returning to the present-

Until I did and I think you know the rest, I pick up a carton of white rice and fork beginning to dig in. Y/N sat quite as he placed his food down and hugged me. I nearly dropped the food in my hands until he remarked "I'm sorry you spent all those years alone..." I began to tear up, Recounting the countless years alone, with no connection to a person, no one to talk to, no one to hug... I broke out in tears dropping my food and held him close, orange tears streaming down my visor the first time I got a hug from another living thing in a long time.