Chapter 6

Chill

- One hour later -

POV- Y/N

Arriving back at the house the walk was easy though Eva was mostly silent on the way back. All of my groceries were waiting outside beside the door so we brought them inside putting them away and I stocking up the fridge We kicked our shoes off leaving them at the front door feeling the carpet floor under our feet. Eva Placed her jumpkit atop the kitchen counter I looked back to seeing her sitting on the couch, she seemed exhausted. Walking over I sat next to her asking "you okay?" she groned out "yeah..." I asked "do you want some hot chocolate?" she looked towards me asking "what? What is hot chocolate? It sounds messy..." I chuckled and got up proclaiming "I think youll like it..." I walked over to the kitchen preparing our hot chocolate about 5 minutes later I finished making them steam radiating lightly from the top of the mug I sprinkled some little colorful marshmallows in hers before returning to her.

I sat next to Eva and handed her cup as I slowly took a sip of my own, the cold melting away from within me. I looked over to her still staring at it, she slowly brought it up to her mouth as I warned her "be careful its hot so go slow..." she nodded and took a slow sip her tail began to wag swiftly as she groned out in satisfaction  she brought the cup down exclaiming "Wow! It is really good! Ive only had water and instant noodles all my life this is so much better!" I chuckled lightly until i noticed her chugging the hot coco I panicked for a moment but she doesnt seem to have a reaction she put her empty cup down and giggled softly exclaiming "So Good!" I chuckled nervously and asked "do you want to talk about earlier?" the moment I asked her dameiner fell her ears drooped and her tail stoped wagging she looked away from me hiding her face ask she whispered out "only if you want to..." I gulped and asked "so... are you really okay? You seem a little shaken up back there..." she remarked "yeah... just the thought that I have to fight... it just feels like a primal urge to fight... it feels weird every time..." I asked "every time?" she explained "yeah... I havent fought much but when in my world whatever attacked it they left what seemed to be lost souls or pure darkness... it was rare to encounter but when I did encounter thoses abominations I had to fight for my life... I got used to it I suppose... sorry..."

I gave her a hug trying to calm her down but she seems frozen and stared forword blankly I pulled back asking "Eva? Are you alright?" she hugged me back and remained silent until she whispered "thank you..." I held her close trying to calm her down and remarked "no problem Eva..." we held that position for a moment until she calmed down and let go of me she apologized "Sorry for being so emotional..." I remarked "its fine... really i cant imagin what you went through... how lonely you must have been..." She chuckled "yeah... thank you for being here for me... I never thought I would have a friend..." I blush lightly responding "of course Eva..." Eva looked around in my apartment asking. "So... what do you do for fun?" I explained "well I play video games... draw..." I pondered to myself 'man my life really is one note huh?'

She asked "games? What kind of games?" I got up proclaiming "well i usually play video games but lets start off simple... Uno might be a good start!" I went to my room and riffled through my closet and desk looking for my uno playing cards, back on the couch Eva waited patiently she occasionally glanced over to the window seeing her destroyed ship across the street her ears drooped ever so lightly until I walked back into the living room exclaiming "Here it is!" her head darted back towards me as her ears stood tall. I took a seat next to her and set up the deck next to one face down card and gave us each 7 cards I explained the rules while shuffling the deck "so the way you play a card it has to match the color or number of the card on the field, or If you have any wild cards. If you have no playable cards you must draw from the deck. The goal of the game is to get rid of all your cards so avoid picking up asmany cards as you can..." she tilted her head asking "why is it called uno?" I explained "Oh yeah when you get down to one card left you yell out Uno! And if you dont i could call you out on it and youll get 2 more cards instead, Ill go easy on you since its your first time playing..."

We began to play however Eva caught on quickly and won 3 games in a row before I could get one win myself I asked nervously "you sure you havnt played uno before?" she exclaimed "Yep! Its quite fun actually!" i chuckled in defeat setting down my cards exclaiming "I give up... your either really lucky or an extremely quick learner" she giggled and waved it off "oh please... you were going easy on me..." I scratched the back of my neck chuckling to myself "sure..." I gathered the cards ansd I asked "want to watch a movie or something?" her tail wagged as she proclaimed "Movie!? Oh I miss movies... you know when I was working on my ship I would play movies as I work but most of the disks were scratched so I would only get part way through the movie..." I asked "well, what do you want to watch?"

I grabbed the remote and went through the multiple streaming services as she watched in aw, I remarked "I got hulu, netflix, prime video, and disney+ what do you think?" she sat there a little dazed until explaining "why dont you pick? I dont know what would be good I just watched whatever was available in my world..." I exclaimed "Got it!" as i flipped to prime video and played 'Love and monsters' I Got up putting the Uno cards away in my room and Walked over to the kitchen, starting to make some popcorn for us I watched her on the couch she sat with her legs crossed and her tail wagged sperattically behind her as she watched the opening credits I chuckled softly to myself "cute..." We watched a few movies after that alternating who picked each time I chose on my turn: Hardcore henry, Speed Racer, and Baby driver. While she chose: Puss in boots last wish, The bad guys, and now where watching the Kung fu panda trilogy. Eva lays her head on my lap I coved her in a blanket as I slowly drift to sleep myself smiling.