𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐕.𝐄. 𝐃𝐚𝐲 | 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐧

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

You heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" you said as you typed your reports.

Major Winters stood in the doorway.

"Happy V.E. Day sargeant." He smiled

You turned around in your chair to face him.

"V.E. Day?" You said with a confused look.

"300,000 Germans just surrendered. Wars over in Europe." He walked towards you.

Your face lit up.

"Sir....I don't know what to say." You gave him a smile. "It's about damn time huh Dick?"

"That's right." He said while scarfing down a bagel.

Over time you realized Winters loved to snack. It amused you.

"I wanted to tell you we will be heading into Austria at 0700 hours." He hinted at the underlying picture. You'd be taking the Eagle's Nest.

"We're taking the Eagle's Nest aren't we..." you said excitedly. You had wanted to see where Hitler lived since the war started. You wanted your own personal souvenir.

"If I don't leave with Hitlers mustache I'm going to be very upset."

Dick chuckled at this remark.

"Thank you for the news sir."

"Of course (Y/n), it's been a long time coming." He patted your shoulder and left you to it. But you could no longer finish your reports, you had to go find Lipton and share the good news.

Well, the news must've spread fast because every soldier you passed on the street exclaimed "Happy V.E. Day!"

You knew where Lipton would be. Him, Speirs, Welsh, and Nixon had been playing poker all day. You entered Battalion HQ and saw him and Speirs prepping their things for the morning.

"Evening fellas." You startled them. "Heard the good news?"

Lipton turned around with a smile plastered on his face. He hurried to you as the two of you embraced each other. You put your arms around his neck and kissed him. Feeling his strong hands wrap around your back.

"I heard. Happy V.E. Day." He said gazing into your eyes.

You smiled at him.

You looked over to Speirs who was about to exit the room as he felt his presence was no longer welcome. You unwrapped yourself from Lipton.

"Hey Ron did you hear? We're taking the Eagles Nest."

You and Speirs had talked about this moment for months. The chance to be the first to invade Hitlers home fresh after his death was both a menacing and exciting thought.