𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 | 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐧

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

You stared at Lipton from afar as you sat on the concrete steps of the Zell Am See; writing a letter to your kid sister.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑺𝒊𝒔,

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝑬𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓,

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒕 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒆...

You wrote your sister often. She was so young, but wise beyond her years. Writing back and forth became a ritual all throughout the war, it served as an escape from reality. You even confided in her about your feelings for First Lieutenant Carwood Lipton...

You gazed up at Lipton who was talking to Winters on the balcony overlooking the gorgeous Austria mountainside. Though the war was coming to a conclusion, you were awaiting orders. However, most of all, you were waiting to see if Lipton would ask you to come home with him.

He looked down at you in the midst of the conversation, grinning and giving you a slight wave. You smiled back admiring how handsome he looked in his uniform, the Austrian sun accentuating his features. He thought you looked equally as beautiful from below.

"How did I get so lucky?" Lipton thought to himself, dazing out of the conversation.

"Carwood, you still there?" Dick motioned his hand in front of his face.

"Sorry sir, I got distracted." He said flustered, placing his hands behind his back.

Dick looked over the balcony to see what captured Liptons attention so heavily.

He smirked. "Ah Sergeant (L/n), what's the deal there?"

"The deal sir?" Lipton blushed.

"C'mon Carwood we've been at this thing for the past 3 years. I've seen the bond the two of you share. Plus I must admit I always liked the idea of two of my strongest soldiers such as yourselves getting together."

"Honestly sir, we've never quite discussed where our relationship stands." He looked around before stepping closer. "But between me and you, I want to ask her to come home with me after the war."

"Carwood.." Dick placed his hand on his shoulder. "If there's one thing this war has taught me, it's that there's no time to waste not taking risks. If you want something, go for it."

Lipton looked down at you writing so graciously next to the flowers. You had such an elegance that he loved so much.

"You're absolutely right sir." He grinned.